News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SCORE !!

Started by VanHelden Game Calls, May 17, 2013, 09:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanHelden Game Calls

Got an upgrade for us. 73.125

Text book hunt this morning. This tag I saved for my son to be with me, I was not hunting on this tag unless he was with.  Well the second time out on this tag and 4th time he has been with me we made it happen.  Walked in to a new spot and found out a rock wall bordered the edge of the woodlot.  Moving along in the dark I found a low spot and found a decent tree inside the woods to sit by.  We then bumped 2 deer in the dark and they ran and snorted across the woodlot but it worked in our favor as it shocked a gobble from what seemed like a couple hundred yards away.  We got settled in and 10 min later he awoke and gobbled his head off.  I was able to pick him out of the trees 100yds out and as it got to shooting time I gave out a soft gargled yelp from my trumpet.  That fired him up even more and he soon pitched down and came struttn and gobblin like a fool right to us.  A few more soft yelps sealed it.

Pics to come later today or tonight, but here are the highlights.  My biggest for weight and spurs, a true limb hanger!

28#
1.25 and 1.3125 spurs
9.75 beard.

savduck

Man that's awesome, make sure you take pictures before you cut that beard and spurs off. Great work. That is a stud of a bird.
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

Ya I got the pics this time :morning:  I feel my numbers were conservative, it was tough holding all the parts and taking pics solo.  And I could not find my flexible tape to follow the outside curve of the spurs. When I roll my steel tape I get over 13/8 and just shy but could not prove on pics so you get line of base to tip numbers.  And the beard was a pain as it really is 10" even but could not show the 2 strands that made it.

Really wanted to mount this one as the memories with my son and the biggest bird were great.  Always wanted a mount but can't see spending the cash having a family and all.  Good thing my son and daughter were a gitty for feathers as a few hand rips later made the decision easier.  Still wish but at least the option is gone :(

VanHelden Game Calls

merocustomcalls

Congrats on that bird!  What a trophy!

TRKYHTR

Thats awesome. Congrats on a great turkey.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Onpoint

I know this ain't my team, but just wanted to say congrats on a hell of a bird.

VanHelden Game Calls

Names aside were all on the same team :fud: :OGani:

alloutdoors

Great bird, congrats!

jbrown

Congrats on an awesome gobbler!

eddie234

Nice bird. Congrats

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

blueribbon

congrats man that is a great bird and the fact you go to kill him with your son is awesome!!! :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

Basser69