OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

undertaker choke!

Started by ericjames, March 08, 2011, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

The question I wanted to ask is I read on the package where it said lead only can you shoot hevi-shot through it the one I have is in a beretta xtreama 2 the choke  is .685

Thanks in advance for input

WildSpur

I am not 100% sure but I know when that choke came out was around the time shooters realized that HS needed a little more open choke.  I believe the difference between the HS vs. lead choke is .010.  I would check with Hunters Specialties.  If the materials are the same I suspect it was just another constriction option.

Cluck more, yelp less

ericjames

I bought it because I already have a kicks .655 and a jelly head .660 and I did not like the way the patterns were.They both would be good chokes for a gun with a scope on it but I want to keep one gun without a scope because where I hunt mostly, a long shot is 35 yards ,when the woods thicken up it aint but 20-25. IMO this choke in this constriction I like the pattern,I did not want to spend another $60 to try a different constriction I got this one on sale at bass pro for $9.77 + tax so I could not go wrong with it not saying another one would not be better, I am sure it would, I was just tring this one and liked it.I shot 2- 3" 1 3/4oz #6 hevi-shot out of it just to see what it would do and it did good.

stinkpickle

I've fired H13 3-2-6's and 3-2-7's out of a non-ported, "lead only" Undertaker on my Mossy 500, and it hasn't blown up on me yet.  I know that's not a real endorsement, or anything...   ;)

ericjames

thanks stinkpickle, i was gonna just try that constriction But I am happy with the way it shoots both lead and hevi.i would probably be happy with a .675 for lead but this will work for now

mcgruff1533

Undertaker chokes do pretty well considering how affordable they are.    Their Hevishot models are simply a little looser at the exit end when compared to their standard models.   

I've shot Hevi through my standard model (Winchester/ Invector) .665" in my Mossberg 535.    No problems and it patterned pretty well.   

There are better chokes on the market, but Undertaker's are pretty hard to beat for the price.    Also, they are American made and their customer service is top notch!

bowhunter84

i shot hevi out of my undertaker without any problems

surehuntsalot

I have an Undertaker for my 835 that has had just about every type of HTL shells on the market fired through it at one time or another
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ericjames

I thought that was just put on before the hevi shot came out was all.thanks everyone for the input

3 more wake-ups before youth weekend and 6 more before season starts cant wait