OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

REM BAIKAL SPR453

Started by tnjared, March 08, 2011, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnjared

i bought this gun for my boy last year and didnt have any time to set it up for turkeys. so it came with several chokes and one that is marked xfull steel. reason for buying was that he wanted an auto and one that would shoot 3.5 shell and this gun is very reasonably priced. my understanding is this gun is very well liked in the duck hunting world. i heard them call it a tank. so has any of you fine fellows set one up for turkeys or know anybody that has???
fart in the woods and a deer will smell it and a turkey will see it

allaboutshooting

Quote from: tnjared on March 08, 2011, 10:13:03 PM
i bought this gun for my boy last year and didnt have any time to set it up for turkeys. so it came with several chokes and one that is marked xfull steel. reason for buying was that he wanted an auto and one that would shoot 3.5 shell and this gun is very reasonably priced. my understanding is this gun is very well liked in the duck hunting world. i heard them call it a tank. so has any of you fine fellows set one up for turkeys or know anybody that has???

They are "overbuilt" and have a lot of steel in them. The ones that I've seen have some very smooth barrels and are threaded for Tru-Choke threads. The only downside is that they are pretty heavy. Not a problem in a goose pit and will help to absorb recoil but many turkey hunters today want light weight gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

I hate turkeys

Oh boy did I,  18" barrel, lengthen forcing cone, polished barrel, scoped, with a tight wad choke. The gun is fast and easy handling. I may have went to short with the barrel and I wish they had more choke choices. The gun still shoots 170 to 180 #6's in 10" at 40 yards. My main gun is a 10 ga. this one was just for fun.
I have been bugging the guy's at Indian Creek a couple of years trying to get them to do a run for us give them a call.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

boyhowdy

A fella I duck hunt with has one, he leaves it in the boat, never cleans it - It looks like it was drug down the road behind a plow mule. It is one of the most dependable automatics I've ever seen.

R AJ

I have one with the 665 Hastings , 655 Trulock and a 665 Comp-N-Choke .
It is heavy but for the 3.5" loads it really helps on recoil. They are front heavy and that helps me in shooting. That extra full steel choke is the same as a full lead choke. He should try the X full steel before buying an aftermarket choke. There are several truchoke makers that have good turkey chokes.

That gun is coming back to the states sometime soon I understand. It is a workhorse and not Black Beauty.

jakesdad

I have one that I waterfowl hunt with,but not turkeys.These guns are workhorses.You'd have to work really really hard to get this thing NOT to work.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"