Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sorry guys

Started by keyser12ga, May 10, 2013, 12:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyser12ga

Unfortunately, I've got nothing to add to the table this spring.  We have a fairly short season that ends this Sunday and I'm not going to be able to make it back out.  I told the story of the first day.  Second day I had one bird that gobbled, literally, one time per hour and I never came close, third day one turkey gobbling all day 100 yards off the property I can hunt.  And today, I have 5 gobbling within 200 yards at daybreak and I never saw one of them.  I've tried every tactic I can think of and sleep deprivation is getting to me (working 2nds and driving 1.5 hours one way in the morning to hunt).  It's storming here tonight and I'm going to sleep in tomorrow, ha.

On a positive note, I did get to see a bald eagle, it's nest, and it's 2 "kids?" in the wild.  That was pretty cool.  And I had 2 red fox pass me at about 20ft...also pretty cool.

mfd1027

Man, no need to apologize.   I only killed one and I didn't score it or take the necessary pic's. You'll get em next year.   
Dan

unclerick

Don't frett about man, me and Wes have had about the same kind've season as you, we've been on birds everytime we been out but have'nt be able to get one in range, the last 2 years seem to hard hunting for us, but like Do-it-again-Dan says,,,there's next year....
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus