turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some Pearl Hooks

Started by wvboy, May 09, 2013, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvboy

I killed this bird this morning.. but he scored 64.37 I think.. which is not an upgrade for me so not posting in the kill thread..

I have had a rough season so far.. Mostly just not as much time to hunt with my Wife's work schedule and two young boys.. I counted and today was only my 10th day hunting the roost.. I have had 4 or 5 other hunts where I got in the woods about 8:30 or so ..  I missed a Turkey for the first time in 5 years.. called in two others that were missed by others too.. and had a few other hunts with birds in Range but just didn't feel good about the shot.. this bird I thought might get out unscathed too.. as I had him at 20 yds for 5 minutes and just could not get the shot I wanted.. but alas the Turkey Gods bestowed him upon me today.. He didn't spook and finally gave me a good shot .. I was very happy to see his Hooks .. probably the whitest I have ever killed.. I worked this bird for 1.5 hours and moved on him 3 times after finding him at 8:00 AM .. my roost bird was not willing to play ..

21.11 lbs
1 1/4 and 1 1/8 Hooks
9.75 beard

He is missing 6 tail feathers .. not sure what happened to him.. I noticed something didn't look quite right about him when he would go into strut.. but thought it was just because he was wet.. they don't look shot out and he didn't lose them after I shot him either.. they look pulled out to me after close examination.. but it was a recent thing because the meat around where they were pulled out still had dried blood

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Onpoint

Congrats. Hes got some beautiful spurs. I've got a necklace full of spurs. Bigguns, little ones, pink, black, yellow, just about every color but all white like that. That's pretty cool.

gdublongwilly

AWESOME! Congrats, those are some unique hooks!

theghost_03

"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

bcknuts

:happy0064:Wvboy keep it going .Great bird and great job.

Kevin
Kevin

appalachianstruttstopper

Sorry to hear about your missing, but I feel your pain! I have had the walk of shame twice this season which gets me a 50% hit percentages for VA. But congrats on the white spur turkey, the double beard I killed in FL was the whitest ones I have ever killed, but they where only an inch. Well good luck on the last week of our VA season, I need one more to finish out my tags, but a willing gobbler is few and far between here in SWVA at the moment.