OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 5/9/2013

Started by Roostem33, May 08, 2013, 09:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

What are you surrendering?

The word of God says in Psalm 8, speaking of man,  "You have put all things under his feet.". 
God is the head and we are the body.  Feet are part of the body.  Stand up and look down at your feet.  Between your feet and the floor is nothing.  Satan is under your feet. 

The word also says in 1 Peter, chapter 5, that your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion.
It doesn't say he is a lion.  Remember he is under your feet.  He has no right to steal, kill, or destroy anything that you have.  So how does he attack?  He steals your joy.   He knows that if he steals the joy from something you have , (your marriage, your job, your other relationships) that you will soon surrender it to him.  He didn't take Paradise from Adam and Eve, but he got them to surrender it to him anyway.

So today, let's not forget the Power of God.  Let's examine the areas in which we are losing our joy and seriously consider what we are now surrendering or are about to surrender to Satan.  Is there something you no longer have joy in that you are giving up on.  Today, let's focus on not letting go and on clinging to the words in John 15:11

"These things I have spoken to you, that MY joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full"
Rise up in the joy of the Lord and Do Not Surrender to Satan areas of your life that he has no right to.

Have a blessed day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

That devotion gave me chills Jody, thank you
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net