turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Done in Kentucky

Started by spurman, May 05, 2013, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

Yesterday afternoon I ended my KY spring turkey season with a good bird.

I saw this turkey late Friday afternoon so I figured he would be in the area next morning. Saturday morning and it was raining so instead of setting in the rain I decided to sat in a friends deer stand. Daylight still raining not a sound from the turkeys, not really a surprise considering the weather. Setting there all comfortable and listing to the rain on the tin roof I naturally dozed off. When I woke up there were 3 hens almost under the stand. A while later I see a gobbler feeding right where I was set up Friday. I could not get him interested all he wanted to do was feed. I sat there all morning watching turkeys and deer. I don't know how many hens I saw off and on all day and at lest 2 gobblers. That afternoon about 4:00 I saw one of the gobblers start displaying and a few minuets later he starts gobbling. There were 4 hens feeding in the field where I was setting. I guess they see the hens and start coming my way. They come around the bend in the creek and I shot the strutter. You want to think he came to the calling but I believe it was just luck, right place right time whatever you want to call it a fine day and good end to my KY spring season.

Made a mistake on my paper but here it is: 21.687 lbs. 10 in beard 1 1/4 and 1 3/16
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

slawman

Great bird spurman...congrats!

Onpoint

Congrats Bill. He's a dandy.

turkeyhunter91

congrats on a great bird

West Augusta

Dang if you didn't get a biggun.  Congrats on a fine trophy.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.