OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

15 yard pattern!!!

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 08, 2011, 05:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

The first three shots were closer to the dot but the last three will work also.  I did lose focus a few times but it is only the second time shooting this spring.  I was shooting out of a chair at 15 yards.  I plan on using Magnus Bullheads out of my Bear Grizzly that pulls 45#  Come on spring!!

Cutt

Nice pattern, what choke are you using?

schuylkillspur

Good luck brother I'm givin the longbow a workout. come on April.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

VAHUNTER

nothing wrong with that  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
good shootin
Good things come to those who wait

wisconsinteacher

Shooting a trad bow is so relaxing to me.  If you think, you miss.  Just look at the spot and follow through.

forester

Are you going to shoot for the head? Just curious. I killed one with a bow a couple of years ago (not a recurve) and it was probably my proudest hunting accomplishment and I've killed a couple of P&Y elk. There are so many things that can go wrong. Good luck with the recurve.

pcgobbler

Good shooting.  I am curious if you are aiming for the head also.  A turkey's head is always moving making for a tougher target with a bow. 

spur collector

Good shooting, hope you get the chance to whack a few heads this spring.

wisconsinteacher

I am hoping to hit where the feather line is.  Last year, I had a good shot with my compound but shot over his head.  He came in perfect to the decoys.  I am think it can be done.  I know the head moves a lot but if it is 15 yards or closer, I should be able to pick my spot and hopefully not crumble like I did last year.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tjh24

Awesome!   Not what I was expecting,  but very cool

knightrider

i always shoot them trough the back with a bow, they never move , :z-guntootsmiley:drt

Basser69

if you can pull that off with a recurve, that is something to really be proud of. Heck, a compound is something to bet proud of!