turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 05/03/2013 "The End of Season."

Started by BOFF, May 02, 2013, 11:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

For most of us here in Alabama, our turkey season has ended. Unless we have a trip planned else where, we are probably with a frown upon or face, and slumped shoulders, already counting the days until March 15, 2014.

Paul writes in 2 Timothy, for us as Christians to be ready both in season, and out of season, to preach the word.

2 Timothy 4:2(NIV)
2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

I like most, know the value of daily prayer, and reading of scripture. However, much like turkey hunting, I often go through "seasons" and fall short of doing so, rather than 12 months out of the year.

Are you prepared to preach the Word today? Have you polished your armor and sharpened your sword? Have you read God's instructions and talked to Him to find out today's plan for battle?

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of falling short in preparing to do battle for You. Help me to understand Your plans, through reading Your Word, and seeking Your will daily through prayer.

Help us to be ready for battle, and fight a good fight, not for our glory, but Yours. May our plans be pleasing to You, and may the season of preaching Your word, be 12 months out of the year.

For it is in Jesus' name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B. 

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net