Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Crossing the Line....4/28/13 Devotional

Started by pappy, April 28, 2013, 10:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Galatians 16,7:  I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
I want you to understand the point that Paul is trying to make here, a very important and poignant point...one that is effecting so many Christians today and if it keeps heading in the direction it is headed....oh my, what devastation.
Coming to Christ, asking for God's forgiveness, having your life renewed, your Spirit refreshed and ready to face the world through the Righteousness of Jesus, these are the beginnings of a new Christian "walk-a-thon" for life. And they came through the preaching of the Gospel, listening to and adhering to its wonderful message of being saved by Grace, delivered by a God Fearing Minister, who honestly believes what he or she is saying is the true and infallible word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit. Because if it was any other way it would not be the Gospel of Christ but the vain speaking of man.
This is what Paul was saying, a warning .... " I just don't get it, you, being so young in Christ, knowing the truth, because I told you the truth, have fallen prey to another "gospel" that is delivered to you through the perverted words of some false prophet?"  And what stood strong oh so many years ago, is still very evident today. So many "new-born" Christians are walking away from the truth, from the Gospel of Grace, and heading straight into Satan's snare, following after some other preaching, being misled down the path to destruction. How many people do you know or hear of that have turned to such garbage and what has been the result?
Many times we see in the news where a young person has taking the lives of innocent people in the name of another "religion", even to the point to saying"Satan made me do that", who were at one time, good decent people, their neighbors saying things like, "I never saw any indication, he or she was such a nice young person, used to go to Church all the time...." YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE THOSE WORDS PUT ON THEIR TOMBSTONES
Any time we venture away from God and his Holy Word, we open the door for Satan to walk into our life, just because the Preacher hit you this morning during his message, doesn't mean you up and walk away, it means that "if" he was following the Word and was being lead by the Holy Spirit, YOU as well as OTHERS in the congregation need to hear what was said and need to re-evaluate your position with Christ in this matter...that's it.... just because your life doesn't "seem" to be any better because you are a Believer, doesn't mean you walk straight into the gates of Hell by following another "religion" ... your walk with Christ is exactly that, a walk, a long and sometimes tiresome walk, but Faith, real faith, takes a lot of work and time on our behalf, TENACITY that's it, we have to hang on, for dear life, enduring to the end if need be, let Satan's words of deceit fall of our backs like water on a duck's back, and let God's word be absorbed like a sponge in our hearts, this is the only way we could stand a chance of keeping our ears, eyes and hearts fixed on the true Gospel of Christ.
Paul said it like this in verse 9: " As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

vaturkey

Thanks Jack ! God Bless you & your family !   :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey