OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

my ic choke problem

Started by archery1, March 07, 2011, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archery1

this has only hevi blends, 6  and 7's through it. i noticed this the other day. there are silverish lines inside. i can just feel them with my finger. is this normal? tried to download pic but it said it cant. i dont have them pics large so i dont no why its not letting me says path doesnt exits ?
Take a kid hunting

shootumindaface

itz duh wad catchers if they go around the choke and not length ways

archery1

no they run lenght  ways. i want to send pics but it says exit path not correct
Take a kid hunting

archery1

are these grooves normal from just shooting hevi blends ,, or 5 or 6 hevi shot through this? these run lenght ways. there not the wad catchers.. i can just so feel them with my finger..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Take a kid hunting

S.C.C

Seen the pic. in the other post!!I guess its suppose to be normal wear an tear from the wad catchers separating the shot from the wad half way thru the choke and the HTL shot gouging/scouring the interior of the choke!!
A soft wad and HTL shot will also cause this scouring/gouging in other chokes aswell!!
If the HTL shot contacs the metal of the choke or your bbl. it is going to do damage!!
Tungsten based shot is harder than any metal used to make chokes or the guns that it is fired thru!!
When there is friction between two metals the harder (tungsten)is going to win!!

VAHUNTER

i have a streak or two in my PG. it will not hurt a thing. it comes from your choke being exsposed to the shot and not being protected by the wad.
Good things come to those who wait

VAHUNTER

i have come back and read this post a couple times.
as i stated i have a few streaks in my PG. but they do not penatrate the metal.
if you can feel a groove cut into your choke this may present a problem in the future.
if a groove is felt i would keep a very close eye on it or contact IC and get there input
Good things come to those who wait

Gobble!

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 08, 2011, 09:05:13 AM
i have come back and read this post a couple times.
as i stated i have a few streaks in my PG. but they do not penatrate the metal.
if you can feel a groove cut into your choke this may present a problem in the future.

if a groove is felt i would keep a very close eye on it or contact IC and get there input

I agree 100%

archery1

contacted ic
here what they said
                      The shiiney spots are from pellets that poke thru the wad. We have seen
>> this with certain shells. However it will not be a problem with your
>> choke
>> tube. If you do have any problems please contact us. thanks.

i sent them pics. they are lines not spots. i can feel with my finger. hum.. there are like 20 or so. none are the same lenght all are uneven.  i cleaned it very good with shooters choice and now butchers solvent. still there. just now they are brighter. i can feel them with my finger. i would think they will get larger over time and either damage my choke or gun. why would ic make a choke that says will shoot hevi shot but dont say hevi shot will damage ur choke and probably damage ur gun ? i dont no but just venting.......  on this. hopefully the choke will hold up for this year cause funds are gettin low..
Take a kid hunting

shootumindaface

Every choke tube I own has streaking

runngun

My Indian Creek for my encore has the same "strips" notice it the other day. Mine starts at the rings and you can feel them with your finger
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

str8shooter

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 08, 2011, 01:51:45 PM

None of mine do, but I shoot Winchester Extended Range, which won't cause that like some other loads.  There's a difference in  pellet hardness and roundness between the most popular brands of ammo.

tnturkeykiller

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 08, 2011, 01:51:45 PM
Except the Rhinos they don't streak i guess it's the polished finish on the inside of them