Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Upgrades are dying in Nebraska

Started by squeaky, April 26, 2013, 09:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeaky

BC & N2deer are laying the wood to them on their Nebraska trip. Reports are another double beard has got his head smashed.  :happy0064:

n2deer

Probably another 70 point bird for his upgrade.
We brought his wife back and getting pictures now.
Going to head back out to try and get me a upgrade.
My bird yesterday wouldn't beat any of the other birds.

BC

BC

Brandon just killed a 64.5 pt upgrade.

squeaky

20 pts in upgrades that's nice work guys  :z-guntootsmiley:

squeaky

Just got a report a triple beard bird has been smashed in NE. Sounds like a mid 70's pt bird from the report.

Congrats N2deer  :z-guntootsmiley:

n2deer

We are done, going to try a get Bcs wife a bird this evening and we will leave in the morning.

Crazy year this year with all the good scoring birds, blessed to say the least. Its nice to fool with these birds after getting it handed to you at home. :)

BC

Brandon dropped us off at a spot we were saving for her. He was going to take the evening off and rest. We got out there and eased into the area about 3 PM. I told her it would be a while before the turkeys made their way into the field to roost in the trees behind us in the creek bottom. About 15 minutes after we set up I heard a gobble up the creek. I called a little to him. About 15 minutes later he gobbles again and was closer. I cut to him and a few minutes later he gobbled again and he was in the field with us. I told her to snap her safety off he would be here in a minute. 30 seconds later him and another one came around the corner. We let them come the last 30 yards to the decoy and she fed the strutter a load of TSS at 35 yards with the new 20 ga shotgun I bought her.

squeaky

BC

Dude, she is excited. She killed an Eastern earlier in the season and a Merriam in Nebraska. She's already wanting to go after a Rio next season and plan an Osceola trip the following season. She's already plotting out her Grand Slam.

Lol

YEKRUT