Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

been very slow here!

Started by makova, April 25, 2013, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makova

Nothing has gone right so far but i am heading out Friday and Saturday, i will keep you guys posted.

FttFttVroom!

TnTurk

Don't fell to bad, its been slow here as well.  :anim_25: :anim_25:  :cross2:

reflexl

Worst year ever afer having so many birds here. New farming activity has really fouled things up. A few are coming back in the area now. reflexl

FttFttVroom!

It's been bad all over.  My best spots have all flopped.  I consider myself very lucky to have scored here close to home.

makova

Well two more days of hunting done and no shots!  I will try Tuesday again, never seen it so tuff to get the birds to committ.
mike

xarcher

Guys, I have fallen on hard times as well.  Hunted maybe 12 times is SC.  Lots of birds with lockjaw.  I am getting birds on camera and I spot them across fields, but none have bothered to walk in front of my gun barrel.  2 more days to go and I will be out in the AM both of those days. 

Season just started in PA.  Not giving up until the end of May. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Ontgunner

Season just opened here and have been out. Helped dad get a nice gobble (23 lb, 1 inch spurs and 9 inch beard ) and had a tom and three jakes come in for the daughter. Her first attempt at a bird and was a little nervous. Shot high I think. No kill, no feathers. Birds are real quiet here except on the roost. Going after my birds now so hope to get a pic up soon. Ill keep ya posted
"Early bird get's the worm but the second mouse get's the cheese"

FttFttVroom!

I'm seeing birds everywhere now, they act like they are three to four weeks behind the normal routine.  Seems a lot of people are experiencing the same thing.

xarcher

Quote from: xarcher on April 28, 2013, 02:20:46 PM
Guys, I have fallen on hard times as well.  Hunted maybe 12 times is SC.  Lots of birds with lockjaw.  I am getting birds on camera and I spot them across fields, but none have bothered to walk in front of my gun barrel.  2 more days to go and I will be out in the AM both of those days. 

Season just started in PA.  Not giving up until the end of May.
Guys, I have been hunting hard in PA but my luck continues to stink.  I had birds inside 30 yards the last 2 days but they would not commit.  Yesterday I had the red heads peeking through the brush and I could have plowed my Hevishot through the brush, but this is one time when patience did not pay off.  Still at it. 

xarcher

Only one day left guys.  Still haven't given up.  This has been the worst year in memory.  Sorry.