Here is my current hunting setup:
Encore 12 ga with 20" barrel
Assembled gun weighs 6# 1 oz
Kicks GT .665
Hevishot 3" 2 oz Magblend
56 degrees
altitude 2950 ft
40 yds 10" = 181

The second target is at 30 yds, which is usually the distance I set my decoys at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remmy1187

Nice patterns, how is the recoil with your set-up?

mtsrunner

Quote from: remmy1187 on April 22, 2013, 06:37:31 PM
Nice patterns, how is the recoil with your set-up?

Very, Very stout.  However, I have never noticed it on the approximately 20 gobblers that I have shot.

I use a closed cell foam pad under my shirt to protect my shoulder when I am patterning it. 

I actually just remembered one bird that I shot that wasn't coming to my calls.  I had a topographical advantage such that I was able to belly crawl through a field and get within 35 yards from him.  I shot from a prone position and I thought my right elbow had exploded from bracing it on the ground.  However, it only hurt for a little while. 

Ice man

I have a encore with the 24'' barrel and it kicks like a crazy . ive been shooting a rem 870 now I like the encore for run and gunning.

tomstopper

bgbuck153

I have the 12 g encore and I tell my buddy's that it's like getting round house kicked by Chuck Norris .

snapper1982

Quote from: bgbuck153 on May 14, 2013, 07:00:47 PM
I have the 12 g encore and I tell my buddy's that it's like getting round house kicked by Chuck Norris .

mine is like shooting a 20 gauge. a pleasure to shoot.

great patterns!

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

mossyoakpro

I thought the GT was NOT for HTL??  I have one but have never shot any out of it.....can it be done safely?

Either way....great patterns!!  I may have to fling some Hevi down range with mine now  :z-guntootsmiley:
Phillippians 4:13

mtsrunner

Quote from: mossyoakpro on May 15, 2013, 02:27:19 PM
I thought the GT was NOT for HTL??  I have one but have never shot any out of it.....can it be done safely?

Either way....great patterns!!  I may have to fling some Hevi down range with mine now  :z-guntootsmiley:

I have always used HTL through my GT, but I don't think it is approved for it. I think I did some research before I used this combination and convinced myself that it was probably not going to hurt anything.
Of course you shouldn't do this if you aren't comfortable with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk