News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Black & White Ebony

Started by Old Gobbler, April 21, 2013, 03:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkycaller

RatherBeHunting

Happy to say I'm the "new" owner of this fine call. Great craftsmanship and sounds as good as she looks. Thanks, Shannon!! 

GaHitman

I got a question for you, have you ever made a pot or striker out of that b&w ebony wood and if so, what surface did you use (slate,glass etc...)???? Did it sound good?? I've been thinking about getting me some of that wood and maybe a softer wood and combining the two for one pot.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: GaHitman on May 05, 2013, 12:00:49 AM

I got a question for you, have you ever made a pot or striker out of that b&w ebony wood and if so, what surface did you use (slate,glass etc...)???? Did it sound good?? I've been thinking about getting me some of that wood and maybe a softer wood and combining the two for one pot.

I dont make pot calls anymore - but many here do , I had a few Ebony strikers made for me by callmakers here , and they do make a good striker - as far as the pot , I would say a design that worked for you with a lighter wood may not yield the same results , it may sound more raspy , who knows - there is only one way to find out   

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

RatherBeHunting

Quote from: GaHitman on May 05, 2013, 12:00:49 AM

I made a couple of pots this year for someone that sent me a block of b&W ebony. They were slate/glass. I do two piece strikers and used the b&w ebony for the tops to go along with the pots. The guy I made them for was very happy with the looks and sound of the calls. I'd have liked to keep them myself. Can't say how the one piece striker would sound but would be interesting to find out.   

Gawhitaker

Dangit Shannon, I've got one and your making me want another.... Second that

Old Gobbler

A few more -BW Ebony - These are some good sounding calls

I have made chalk holders before , I may offer them for sale with the pushpins next season - next to a Standard Gabon Ebony push pin
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

outdoors

:morning:  DANG THEY LOOK LIKE THERE FLOATING AWAY , BE REAL NICE IF AT LEAST ONE WOAD GET COUGHT IN THE TROUGH CURRENT AND FLOOT SOUTH AND AROUND THE KEYS AND THEN GO NORTH TO JOHNS PASS AND I WOOD FIND IT AND GIVE HER A REAL NICE NEW HOME AND WE WOUD LIVE FOR A LONG AND FUN LIFE TOGETHER ......... MAYBE SOMEDAY SOON  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

RatherBeHunting

Gonna make someone very Happy with that one!!