turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

crystal calls

Started by jbrown, March 07, 2011, 10:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

What do ya'll use to condition a crystal pot? How much of the surface do you condition?

shootumindaface

I use a old Knight and Hale Stone wish I could buy 10 more.. But a stone, drywall screen or some 80 grit will cut it.. Its up to you to determine how rough or smooth you want the surface based on your striker pressure and calling style..

I only condition half a pot, I dont know why

savduck

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 07, 2011, 10:30:18 PM
I use a old Knight and Hale Stone wish I could buy 10 more.. But a stone, drywall screen or some 80 grit will cut it.. Its up to you to determine how rough or smooth you want the surface based on your striker pressure and calling style..

X2.....still got my old K&H stone too.
Georgia Boy

MarkJM

I use 120 grit. It works great for me. Doesnt really scratch the surface that bad but you can still play like no other on it. :smiley-char092:
MuellerCustomCalls

West Augusta

I used 60 grit then 120 on this one.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

shootumindaface

Quote from: savduck on March 07, 2011, 10:32:41 PM
Quote from: shootumindaface on March 07, 2011, 10:30:18 PM

X2.....still got my old K&H stone too.
If you dont want it I will take it off your hands :TooFunny: