OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ithica

Started by USMC0331, April 16, 2013, 10:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMC0331

Does anyone have or used the newer  Ithaca model 37 12 gauge? If so what is your thoughts on this shotgun?

Gumby

I have one. Turkeyslayer model. Upper Sandusky produced. Tremendous gun

Old Gobbler

I remember a few years ago there was a buzz about them , I called them up and talked to the R&D guy and talked about the gun for a good period of time , it comes with a choke - 3 inch chamber - I wouldn't mind owning one myself

I recall they are a bit high on the price point , somewhere in the $700 and up ?
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gumby

They retail for around 700 which is high for a pump gun. You can find them for less if you look. They are worth it in my opinion. All steel receiver, etc. No plastic. Precision machined fixed barrel. Smooth action. Comes with good sights, etc.  I believe it's the finest pump gun out there. Others may disagree.

30_06

I have the 12ga Turkeyslayer, going to get a 20ga Turkeyslayer eventually.
Ithaca is by far my favorite shotgun, made in USA, all steel, solderless barrel. By a wide margin the finest pump I have ever seen/used.

Mike Honcho

I have one in my turkey gun arsenal...mine is a bit older, the Kings Ferry, NY build, maybe a 1997 model.
Fit , finish is excellent and with the half turn threaded barrel they lock up extremely tight to the receiver.
You can buy either a right hand or left hand safety for these..the safety is on the trigger guard.
I have a red dot on mine and haven't used yet this season..been raining most of the time so I've been taking an open sight gun. It seems to me to be fairly light weight carrying in field.

USMC0331

Thanks to all for the info. I think they are set up with a briley choke, if that's the case is it set up to use a specific brand or shot size? I'm trying to call them but at this time I've been unable too.

Gumby

It uses a briley extra full "Ithaca plus" choke. It is .675 and I have had great results with hevi-13 #6 and #7. It also throws good lead patterns.

FANMAN

I own an older Turkeyslayer...Can"t get the numbers the 870 boys do .....But as far as the action goes.. I'll take the Ithaca over the Remington any day... Great gun.

USMC0331

Thanks again for the info. Going to order one.