North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Lets get an update!

Started by gdublongwilly, April 14, 2013, 08:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvboy

Quote from: gdublongwilly on May 09, 2013, 08:49:04 PM
I know, not many team members have been on here.  I have been trying awful hard, been out every day of season except one thus far.  Only had my red dot on one head, but didn't feel comfortable with the shot.  The hunting has been real tough for me this year.  I can't seem to find a bird without hens. Will keep at it and hopefully post a good score for us.

I wasn't referring to you or anyone else that has been trying .. hang in there man.. you will get one..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Borat

Still hunting. Have 3 birds dead but waiting on a big one to post. Don't worry, i won't leave you fellas hanging

gdublongwilly

Good to hear FeatheredHat!  I have still not connected this season.  I have been foiled by hens, people and a coyote so far.  I figure my luck has to change soon.  Have had em' in on me in range but no shots presented.  Will continue to chase em'!

bcknuts

Congrats FeatherHat can't wate to see your pics and read your story.

Kevin
Kevin

gdublongwilly

Finally got one under my belt today.  Will post stats and pics up soon!

appalachianstruttstopper

Well VA's season is over, and I did manage to tag out by season's end with a nice 4yr old this past thurday. His weight was pulled down to 17lbs, but had a nice 10.25" beard and very curved 1.125 spurs. Not an upgrade to my FL bird, which I knew would be hard to top. Had a great season this year, just really missed being out at daylight to hear the birds gobble. Only got to hunt from 9:30 til 12 each day, but I understand that is alot more than others get to go so I am not complaining. Hope the rest of the season for the northern states produce alot of good hunts for you guys still getting to hunt. Good luck!!

wvboy

Quote from: gdublongwilly on May 18, 2013, 10:00:49 PM
Finally got one under my belt today.  Will post stats and pics up soon!

Way to go man.. congrats..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

theghost_03

Congrats willy on the bird!   Entered my upgraded bird today keep hammering guys!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

Huntress

Sorry guys...been on the road since May 2nd.  Proud to say my husband and son each got their first bird!  They doubled using the same crossbow!  Took me awhile longer BUT...  I FINALLY sealed the deal on May 22nd!  Got between this bird and his roost with storms rolling in and I nailed him at 15 yards with my crossbow.

1" hooks and a 10" beard taken in PA.

Huntress

Ok, well I see I have more measuring and picture taking to do.  I did not take a picture with him on the scale either, so that will be a default weight.  This is more complicated than I thought.  I will work on the pictures today everyone.  I don't have a "witness" from the forum either so I don't know how that works.  I have no idea what I'm doing so please forgive me for not getting it right the first time around here...

The bird has already been to the taxi and the legs have been removed and the beard as well.  Is that going to be ok?  Obviously I dropped the ball here.  Sorry guys.