turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Checking In

Started by northms, April 12, 2013, 02:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

Well I've been as close as any many can be to killing a tom this year but haven't come through yet. The birds are about 3 weeks late on what their usual breeding patterns are around here.  Henned up still when their feet hit the ground.  Will be back at them over the next few days.

Hadn't been on here a while and just letting the team know I'm putting in the time.

Good luck.

NorthMS

FttFttVroom!

Yeah it's been awful quiet in here compared to the past couple years.  I think hunting conditions and self imposed pressure are keeping the birds and our team members quiet.  You guys gotta make it out west and hunt some Rios! These birds will cure what ails ya

xarcher

Between Alabama and South Carolina, I have been in the woods maybe 10 times.  Birds that were gobbling their heads off have gone quiet.  Just have to play the patient game I guess.  I have called up a couple of jakes and have been yapping back and forth with many hens, but that has been about it.  Have seen many longbeards across fields so I know they are there.  Also seeing longbeards on my trail cam.  Would you believe last week I left about 8:30 to go to work and when I checked the camera the next day, 2 longbeards came by at 8:40.  Like I said, just have to play the patient game. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Ontgunner

Turkey hunting is my opinion is all about patience. Stay on em', you will connect. Birds are starting to get yappy around here. Couple more weeks and hopefully I'll be putting a bird up. :blob10:
"Early bird get's the worm but the second mouse get's the cheese"

Bamastrutter

stay with it guys what little time Ive had in the woods has been pretty quiet for the most part. The one i killed Saturday only gobbled twice.  :anim_25: