Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fan, wing, beard, feet mount ideas?? 5 beards.

Started by djrcm7, April 10, 2013, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djrcm7

My brother and I succeeded on the second day of youth season and he bagged his first turkey. It was a jake but had 5 separate beards. He really wants a display with the fan, wings, beards and feet in it. The main beard is about 6 inches and the others are an inch. Any ideas or tips would be appreciated. Or any displays that he might like let's see Em! If any one knows of kits made for wing and fan mounts id appreciate any tips. Thanks!
Med student from MO

gdublongwilly

This is my son's first turkey from last year.  It's not quite finished yet.  I had his turkey skull cleaned, whitened and then pewtered.  That should be done this coming week.  I have a small wood pedestal that will mount on the board covering the fan.  His skull will be on that pedestal.  I also have a small plaque being made with his name, date and measurements that should be done next week as well.  The plaque will be put on the board below the beard.  I like what I have so far and cannot wait to see the whole thing put together an on the wall.  I will post some pics of the finished mount as soon as it is put together.

djrcm7

that looks great! my Dog got ahold of the wings and ruined them. so I ended up doing a fan display. I was pretty mad. Im gonna try to get on a bird here soon n maybe use its wings for his mount
Med student from MO

tomstopper

Quote from: gdublongwilly on April 19, 2013, 01:34:36 PM
This is my son's first turkey from last year.  It's not quite finished yet.  I had his turkey skull cleaned, whitened and then pewtered.  That should be done this coming week.  I have a small wood pedestal that will mount on the board covering the fan.  His skull will be on that pedestal.  I also have a small plaque being made with his name, date and measurements that should be done next week as well.  The plaque will be put on the board below the beard.  I like what I have so far and cannot wait to see the whole thing put together an on the wall.  I will post some pics of the finished mount as soon as it is put together.
Very Nice........