Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

WI opener tomorrow....

Started by longbeard95, April 09, 2013, 09:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard95

Well season opens for the first week here in WI tomorrow morning and the weather man is calling for a wintery mix turning into rain later in the day with wind gusts between 15 and 25 mph. I would be perfectly fine with the wintery mix but wind just is not my friend when it comes to hunting turkeys. Can't find the exact roost location of any gobblers either so tomorrow may be a rough one. Will deffinately be breaking out the rain gear! haha good luck to anyone else heading out tomorrow or later this week!

spurman

Good luck Tyler.

KY opens this weekend and the weather looks pretty good. There were 3 gobbling pretty good across the creek from my house this morning. Love to hear that gobbling.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

chatterbox

WillowRidgeCalls

Weather here in WI has been terrible for turkey hunting the sun hasn't shined since the 7th, it's been raining or snowing everyday, we got more snow last night. Birds haven't broke up from their winter flocks yet, called in a flock of 40 yesterday that had 7-8 longbeards in it. The only thing they'd listen to was loud aggressive raspy calling and kee kees, otherwise they payed no attention to you. My hunting partner took a bird opening day, he had 9 longbeards and 4 jakes come in, using all fall calling methods. Next week isn't looking any better weather wise, been a long time since having to ware snow camo for spring turkey hunting.
Good luck to ya up there, stay after them, can't kill one from the couch.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

longspur

Its been pretty rainey here in Ga. this season. Makes walking quietly easer. things are starting to green up some too. I can deal with it all but the wind.