turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My first Call

Started by justturnin, April 08, 2013, 02:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justturnin

Here is the first call I have made.  Not sure about the shape but she did lend herself to many design opportunities and I just boogered each one until I got here and stopped.  It is some pretty ho-humm Mesquite burl that I cast in urethane resin.  The finish is one coat Minwax Antique Oil, it will likely see 2-3 more.  Once I turned the tenons on the one piece I left it a little tight and used it as a friction chuck to turn as one piece to help hide the seam.

C&C appreciated.

Chris B
Klein, TX
Home of the Yin-Yang Custom Cast Call.  PM me for details

M,Yingling

Sweet lookin grunter Chris ,, pretty sharp for your first design looks good ,,just my want put a lanyard grove on the next one  ,,,  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

justturnin

Quote from: M,Yingling on April 08, 2013, 07:51:33 PM
Sweet lookin grunter Chris ,, pretty sharp for your first design looks good ,,just my want put a lanyard grove on the next one  ,,,  :icon_thumright:

Thanks Mike.  That little notch is for the lanyard.  The pieces meet right above that.  It was more defined before I had a catch and had to turn off some details... :TrainWreck1:...  I like it though for my firsts.  Many lessons learned on this one that will only help on the next.
Chris B
Klein, TX
Home of the Yin-Yang Custom Cast Call.  PM me for details

M,Yingling

Well you did one fine job of piecing them together ,,that's wheir I thought they went to together LOL
With good lookin wood like that some times less detail is better let wood speak for its self  :icon_thumright:

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

tomstopper

Nice looking call especially for your first one.