turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1300 patterns

Started by longhorn, March 07, 2011, 04:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

I shot my 1300 yesterday using a  truglo gobble stopper(.655) and a tightwad(.660). I was hooting hvy 13  3"  2oz  #7 and got 206 hits with the gobble stopper and 214 hits with the tightwad at a tape measured 40 yds. I also shot a jellyhead but it wasn't as good.  This seems pretty good for a 3".  Could I expect more with an IC or pure gold.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gobble!

Quote from: longhorn on March 07, 2011, 04:04:52 PM
I shot my 1300 yesterday using a  truglo gobble stopper(.655) and a tightwad(.660). I was hooting hvy 13  3"  2oz  #7 and got 206 hits with the gobble stopper and 214 hits with the tightwad at a tape measured 40 yds. I also shot a jellyhead but it wasn't as good.  This seems pretty good for a 3".  Could I expect more with an IC or pure gold.

Expect - absolutely
Actually Get - Who the hell knows

Seem like everyday someone else is having problems with a high quality choke. Even the jellyhead that you got bad patterns with is supposed to be a great choke.
Either way with 200 in a 10" circle you are good to go  :icon_thumright:

killdee

I'm  shot 208 with a Jellyhead 660, hevi -13-7s last year and Im happy with that. Could I get a little better trying more different chokes, maybe, probably, who knows. If I had 3-4 different ones to try I would, but Im not going to buy 3-4 more for a maybe. If you do let me know.

mossy835

With that pattern just go shoot one.

Mike

VAHUNTER

great pattern. any turkey gun with #'s around 200 is more than ready to go hunting
Good things come to those who wait

TnTurk

Here's a pattrern I shot last week out of a 1300 with a 22 inch barrel, HS 3-2-7, and a PG .670 choke. I got 218 in the 10 and 438 in a 20 inch circle. The pattern you got is more than enough to kill any bird.  God Bless.

surehuntsalot

any of those should work
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

sugarray

I would not spend my money on more chokes.  Shoot that tight wad and just practice calling.
:icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

Quote from: Gobble! on March 07, 2011, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: longhorn on March 07, 2011, 04:04:52 PM
I shot my 1300 yesterday using a  truglo gobble stopper(.655) and a tightwad(.660). I was hooting hvy 13  3"  2oz  #7 and got 206 hits with the gobble stopper and 214 hits with the tightwad at a tape measured 40 yds. I also shot a jellyhead but it wasn't as good.  This seems pretty good for a 3".  Could I expect more with an IC or pure gold.

Expect - absolutely
Actually Get - Who the hell knows

Seem like everyday someone else is having problems with a high quality choke. Even the jellyhead that you got bad patterns with is supposed to be a great choke.
Either way with 200 in a 10" circle you are good to go  :icon_thumright:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Oh so true on both parts..

It seems all the time even if a mossy 835 with a PG 670 or IC 675 works 9 out of 10 times the odd man out just cant grasp the whole thing.

spur collector

More than adequate to kill birds with, wouldn't change