OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

12 Gauge Invector+ Choke Recommendations for 3" Shells?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, March 07, 2011, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

BPS with 28" Barrel.  Looking to buy just 1 turkey choke.

Using Hevi13 7's and 6's
Lead 5's, 6's, and 7.5's

SKFOOTER

Reloader

hd mike

The wife just shot her Ladys Gold 12ga.  with the JH .670, Win 2 3/4,   turkey supreme's #6
Excellent pattern @ 30 yds,  no pics,  but she had 37 in the head and neck area on the target.

hunttherut

Jellyhead .670 throws a great pattern in my Browning gold.

booth

I have a jellyhead choke in my gold shooting 3" hevi 6s and it will put over 200 in the 10 at 40 yds.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I have an Indian Creek .665 in my 870, but I'm open to trying something different in my BPS.

What about an Invector Plus Preston Pitman Star Dot?

J Gilbert

While I won't say that you won't get a good pattern from the Star Dot, they're really only "magic" in the overbored Mossbergs from everything I have read. Go with a .675 IC or .670 PG and you'll be in good shape, I've got a .665 IC in my Invector+ gun and while it throws a decent pattern, I wish I had a .675 looking back on it

decoykrvr

I've got both an IC .665 and .675 for a BPS Invector + and have patterned them both w/ a variety of HTL shells.  The .665 shines w/ the H-13. 7's and to a slightly lesser extent the 6's, but in my gun was too tight for the Mag-Blends.  On the other hand, the  .675 gave great even patterns w/ both the 6's and Mag Blends, but the % fell off slightly w/ the 7's.  I wouldn't hesitate to hunt w/ either of them.

stinkpickle

I use a PG .670 outta my 26" BPS for both H13 3-2-7's and Fed 3-2-7.5 Pb's. 

Quax

My 3" gold classic stalker preferred a cheap non-ported Carlson to the jellyhead in h13 3-2-6 and with win hd #6s. I've had my best luck with non-ported Hastings.

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Odessa

I'm using a PureGold .670 in my Browning NWTF BPS (24" barrel). I fired two rounds of Hevi-13 Magnum Blends this afternoon (12ga., 3", 2 oz. of 5-6-7).  10" shot counts were 146 & 132, 15" shot counts were 235 & 225 at 40 yards. 
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I found an INV+ Preston Pittman "Star Dot" Choke, hanging on a store shelf.  I now own it.
.676-.682? in INV+

I also picked up a Primo's Dead Deer Buckshot Choke.
.700 in INV+

The Dead Deer Choke is .690 in RemChoke, and throws nice even patterns with Turkey loads and Squirrel loads, as well as very good 00 Buck patterns.  I liked it so much in my 870, that I wanted one for my BPS.

I also picked up some large white posters, and I hope to pattern soon.