OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Issued a dirt nap, but no score, Sorry...

Started by tomtamer25, April 02, 2013, 10:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtamer25

Finally got to go hunting again, heard several turkeys.  I got on a couple that were gobbling good and got to them and set up on the edge of the bottom.  Happened pretty quick, turkey answered me a couple of times and then he and 3 other gobblers were there.  I shot him at 22 steps.  I have been on this turkey several times and haven't had any luck with him but have been close.  I was excited to say the least but really let down when I realized he had broken both of his spurs, they were about 1" long with both ends broke off.  He had a 10 3/4" beard and was heavy.  He was strutting the entire time and gobbled once in front of me.  So sorry about the no score but I should be able to top that but maybe not...

SouthernThunder

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

SouthernThunder

It's all good man sounds like he would've scored about a 60

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

tomtamer25

tomtamer25

jakebird

Cant u still score him even with his spurs broke at the tip? Congrats anyhow on a great hunt and a good bird !
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

The Painter

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::
ColonialRestorationStudio.com

tomtamer25

It was awesome. We had been on this turkey 3 times before and my good friends dad has been on him a couple of times so I was pumped.