turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 7s and Magblends M2 and Hevishot choke

Started by spaightlabs, March 30, 2013, 04:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaightlabs

3 inch Magblends, 2 oz, through the Hevishot choke at 40. 178 in 10 inches.  Filthy dirty barrel, 51 degrees, 5200 feet.

Hevi 7 3 inch, 2 ounces through Hevishot choke at 40 (lasered).  Filthy barrel, 51 degrees, 5200 feet.  257 in 10.  Adjusted the FF III to the right just a smidge after this.

Either will work just fine I do believe.

nyhunter

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

captin_hook

beagler

Never Misses

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

FttFttVroom!

Flip a coin and go hunting man! Either will do the job well!

lr308

ILIKEHEVI-13

Those will hunt.  And that bottom one just proves what I try to politely tell guys that the 7's will just shoot denser patterns over the Magblends regardless of who tries to tell you differently.  There is simply put more shot in them which means more hits. 

You move that just a hair to the right like you said and it's lights out for any bird at 40yds. 

Nice patterns. 

tomstopper

eddie234

I just put a hevi shot choke on my gun and pick up a couple boxes of the mag blend. I can only hope for results like that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Hawk76

My gun shot exactly the same patterns as yours with those same two loads.  267 in 10 with 7s and 183 in 10 with mag blend.  I'm opting for the 7s just due to more pellets.  Shoot one with each load and let us know which did better.