OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The best laid plans of mice and turkey hunters.......

Started by reflexl, March 29, 2013, 09:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

The farmers sprayed the fields a few days ago. the birds are staying accross the river. Arrrrrgh

FttFttVroom!

Hang in there, they will be back.  Any other spots you can try in the meantime?

reflexl

I have a spot I was saving till 3 weeks or so of season but I may be there in the morning. I am fixin to go check out the tree line that they have been roosting in. reflexl

reflexl

It was exactly like I thought it would be. All the birds were on the south side of teh river. Did get to hear several gobble though. I packed up and went accross the road. Saw 3 hens but lots of sign. Saw some tracks that looked nearly as big as a dinosaur. Going this evening to roost those birds. reflexl

bowhunter2k9

Romans 8:38-39

reflexl

I managed to roost a gobbler this evening. Been raining all evening. I hope to have my annual Easter sunrise turkey hunt. reflexl

FttFttVroom!

reflexl

This is the worst opening weekend I can remember. Farmers sprayed the fields and sent my birds across the river. I rained cats and dogs. The Bird across the road flew down on the other side of the hill because a neighbors dog decided to bark itself to death near where I set up for fly down. I took a terrible headache that is still lingering a little........................ turkeys 2, reflexl 0

makova

could be worse, i have been hunting a 2200 acre farm for 23years, and she sold the hunting rights to someone else for a 100.00 more!!! looking for plan b with only 12 days to go!
mike

reflexl

I ran around the farm this evening and saw a hen. I hope that means they are comming back.

reflexl

Brids are easing back accross to my side. One of my old adversaries is back. The river bird....... He is at least 6 years old and I have never got a shot at him.......

Ontgunner

Keep on him, we have all had our "white whale" bird.
"Early bird get's the worm but the second mouse get's the cheese"

reflexl

I checked his field. He was there this morning with what looked to be 4 hens. I have a new plan.................................... :funnyturkey:

FttFttVroom!