turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee Bound

Started by Onpoint, March 28, 2013, 10:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Well fellas I'm gonna be headed to Tennessee tomorrow. I'm huntin WMA ground and haven't had a chance to get down there this and listen. I killed a couple birds down there last ewe so I'd say birds will still be usin the same area. My 2 favorite spots on that WMA ground are both completely different. One is a big hardwood ridge that runs forever and saddles into other ridges and has benches all along the side...its beautiful back In there and full of birds but it gets a lot of pressure. Last year I killed one second morning there and it wasn't 5 minutes and I had a guy coming to see what I got. He was tryin to kill the same bird and come to find out 2 other guys were set up on that bird too. The other spot I like is less pressured, its a big open bottoms of crop fields separated by little Wood lots. Not sure exactly which route I'm gonna go but either way I'm gonna be at em bright n early Saturday mornin.

spurman

Good luck and good hunting.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

longbeard95

longspur

Onpoint

All packed n ready to go. Bout to eat supper and I'm outta here.

chatterbox

Goos luck, Justin!
Be safe, and have fun! :icon_thumright:

slawman

may your target be large and your aim be true.

Onpoint

Called in a couple hunter today. Evidently they was hunting hens. Finally got on a hot one around 1:30, he went silent and I heard him drumming...and then......... Yelp yelp yelp yelp,....to my 11:00 and cut...cut cut yelp YELP YELP YELP to my 2:00.... And they weren't hens... Tom quit drumming and that was the last of him.. Gotta love public land Tennessee huntin..lol.... There's always tomorrow....
Last year I missed one in this same area openin day. Missed the bird but tore a little tree all to hell. I stumbled across that tree today, Man that brought back some memories... I got
him the next morning though... Hopefully I have A story with a happy ending for yall tomorrow.
Here's the tree I slapped last year, on openin day
And here he is the next mornin

spurman

That is cool Justin.

I hunted Sat. and Sunday. I saw 19 hens Sat. and Sunday I hunted from daylight until 4:00 and didn't not see or hear a single turkey.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

chatterbox

You guys are gonna connect soon.......
I can feel it! :icon_thumright:

Onpoint

Well I won't get to get back down there Til Friday. It sucks havin to work in turkey season. This is the first year since 2008 I didn't connect in tennessee on opening weekend. Still had a blast though.  I'm hopin it'll happen this weekend. I really believe id had one Saturday If that guy hadn't come bumblin down through there.