Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Gobbling report in Pa

Started by willy8457, March 28, 2013, 07:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willy8457

It's been cold here in Pa so i haven't been out scouting much yet, This morning i went to listen up where I grew up and hunted most of my life. Started out with one hen sounding off with two or three gobblers  Gobbling. Started about 6:30 and that hen squawked for about twenty minutes and every time she did they gobbled. About 6:50 I could here lots and lots of hens squawking and lots more Gobblers . In about five minutes I could hear them all flying down,My dad said he seen nine gobblers in that field about two weeks ago. It can't come soon enough , That got me fired up to hunt.

jakebird

Awesome! Last two weeks i located approx thirty gobbler. Mostly still grouped up. Going out with the boy to scout again tomorrow. The great thing for us with this late spring is our season should be awesome this year . It definitely wont be all over this year! My boy is chomping at the bit for the youth hunt .
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

longbeard11

Definitely should be a great year with the late spring the way it is.  Birds are gobbling here in WV some but not too much yet. Here and there on the roost and thats about it for now, still flocked up for the most part.  Should be a fun year for sure! Good luck guys

WildSpur

Good to hear this!  Can't wait til this winter is over.  I don't get to see too many birds in my day to day travels.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

slyoldtom

Going up in Huntington,pa  next weekend for the opening day of trout! Can't wait we fly fish the stream between 2 properties we hunt turkeys! After we get done fishin were scouting for the bushwhack spot!
:z-winnersmiley: