Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Back from Fl/GA trip

Started by appalachianstruttstopper, March 25, 2013, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appalachianstruttstopper

Well, we made it back to Virginia this morning from our FL/GA trip with snow on the ground. Gonna be kinda hard to get back used to the nasty cold after turkey hunting in 70 deg weather. I scored on an eastern in north Florida on our last morning with a nice double beard bird. 22# 1.0" spurs 9" beard with 5.5" secondary with a score of 71. I am waiting for the pics to be emailed to me so I can post them to the thread for the contest. This was a good first Florida bird for me, and sure had to work hard for him.

gdublongwilly

That's AWESOME!  Congratulations!! Cant' wait to see the pics.   :z-guntootsmiley:

wvboy

Congrats man.. that is a great bird for the contest.. you got your work cut out for you to top that one :)
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

bcknuts

Way to get it dun in Florida.I new I was on a great team.appalachianstruttstopper great job. :happy0064:
Kevin

dvdegeorge

Outstanding! great job and more importantly great fun!!!

turkey_slayer

appalachianstruttstopper

thanks yall, still waitin on my pics to be emailed, I'll keep on em. This one is gonna be hard to top, maybe by a tripple beard like I was lucky enuf to tag last season. BTW, we got this one on film for Just Killin Time TV, awesome footage, you can see the shot come outta the gun from the sun shining from the right of us.

wvboy

Hey .. I know Max Rowe .. have been on a couple of trips with him to Texas and SC .. small world ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: wvboy on March 27, 2013, 09:16:45 AM
Hey .. I know Max Rowe .. have been on a couple of trips with him to Texas and SC .. small world ..
Yeah, don't know if he will use this footage, nothing really special about a 37yr old killing a turkey, but we video all of the turkey hunts we can in case they want to use them.