OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any tips??

Started by jbennett, March 24, 2013, 01:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

Started the morning off by getting busted by three gobblers on the roost. They sounded to be miles away but boy was I wrong! Topped a ridge and there they were...still in the tree! BUSTED! Went on to work a bird strutting in a field with several hens. He gobbled at my every attempt to seduce him into shooting range but every time he started towards me the lead hen would cut him off. Had to leave him in the field to attend his business and break for church. Y'all have any ideas on how to talk him out of the flock?

30_06

I think the first thing I would try is to get that lead hen ticked off and responding to my calls.

Rio Fan

Did you have decoys out in the field?  If you didn't have a jake/gobbler decoy out, I'd put one out in that field with a hen decoy and see if you can get that longbeard to come in a try to whoop up on an intruder in his area.  Might not hurt to throw out a gobble or two at him.  Good luck!

wnrfarm

patience, dont over call,watch see where they go when they have gone move a 100 yards or so behinde them wait between 10am 2pm he should be alone the hens should be on the nest he will be lonely call soft, due not do the tv power call

jbennett

Great stuff! Thanks guys.