Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what combos are yall shooting with lead?

Started by Rockhound, March 23, 2013, 03:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

I'm thinking about getting a new choke for my bps for lead, I dunno if I wanna go with a kicks 680, Indian creek 690 or look for one of the old Hastings 675. Any thoughts?

Yoder409

I use a Comp-N-Choke XXX-Full in my shortened (23.5") BPS.

I used to use Winchester Supreme HV (2oz.) #6 shot lead.......... until Winchester discontinued it.   >:(

The same shell in #5 shot works really well too.  But not like the 6's.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WildTigerTrout

In my  24" BPS Stalker 10ga. I use Win. "Supreme" HV 2 oz. of #6 and the "old" pre-FCW Federal Premium 2/1/4 oz. of #6. I am sorry to say both loads are now discontinued. I bought quite a few of both so they should last me a while. The choke tube I use is an old .695 Bansner that he made for Tru-Glo. It's obsolete also. You may be able to find one on the used market though. I am very happy with the results of both the loads and the choke. :OGturkeyhead:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

presdme

H and R with kicks gt 680 will put high 170s all day at 40 with winchester supreme #6 lead. I only have 4 shells left and winchester has discontinued them so I will be trying some heavy soon. Hope this helps

Full_Fan

Has anybody had any decent luck with the red Win XX loads rather than the black HV loads?

presdme

Punisher

Shot a 94/10" the other day with the the Win. XX 2 1/4 oz. number 4's with a CNC XX Full (.705) at 40 yards.  I will take that any day of the week!! ;D

nbkillr

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 23, 2013, 07:36:43 PM
I use a Comp-N-Choke XXX-Full in my shortened (23.5") BPS.

I used to use Winchester Supreme HV (2oz.) #6 shot lead.......... until Winchester discontinued it.   >:(

The same shell in #5 shot works really well too.  But not like the 6's.

Same here with the 6s.  The 5s work but not as pretty as the 6s out of my Gold 10 with a Jelly Head.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Punisher on April 03, 2013, 08:44:51 PM
Shot a 94/10" the other day with the the Win. XX 2 1/4 oz. number 4's with a CNC XX Full (.705) at 40 yards.  I will take that any day of the week!! ;D

That should hammer him for sure!!!

:fud: :newmascot:

highwaygun

I'm getting around 100/10" with the #4 federal HV non FCW out of my H&R with a trulock .680