turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

for the NC guys and gals

Started by jtoliver43, March 23, 2013, 02:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoliver43

Hey, anyone here have any familiarity with the Uhwarrie National Forest? Obviously not asking for any honey holes, however any friendly pointers would be much appreciated. I am being relocated for work somewhat near that area. Thanks -Trey
Conserve. Hunt. Share.

BowBendr

At over 50,000 acres, and having land in sections of 3 different counties, the UNF offers people some room to spread out....unfortunately that doesn't always happen.
The easier spots get hit hard early in the season, but there are places where a man can get way back in there and get in on some good, if not great, deer and turkey hunting.

Because the UNF is so spread out, everything isn't equal everywhere. If you're in the game and on birds, you're good to go....but if you're not.....you wouldn't think there was a bird for 200 miles.......different pockets of land hold different pockets of animals.

Be near water.  ;)

jtoliver43

Thanks bud! Rather than ask for personal spots, I just needed a confidence booster that it was worth giving a shot. I would never expect anyone to just hand me a spot. Scouting is a major part of the fun for me. It sure is patched up into a lot of separate tracts of land.
Conserve. Hunt. Share.