Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Rain Drops Fallin' On My Blind

Started by mfd1027, March 23, 2013, 12:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

I felt like BJ Thomas this morning.   It sprinkled pretty good and kind of messed things up.   I didn't hear a peep and hung in there until 11.   I'm not sure I'm going this afternoon.  It kind of looks like it's clearing up so maybe they will get into gear.   

Good Luck Everybody!!! 
Dan

harvester

We didn't hear anything either. Maybe this evening or in the morning welll have some luck. Seems to be a little behind this year. Good luck.

ElkTurkMan

I heard seven different birds going this morning. and 4 were very close,  In fact I thought we were in business.  We got set up and then I started eharing the hens yelp, and they had to have been roosted right by the toms.  The hens sttarted to fly down and went right to the gobblers.  They gobbled really good.  We got lucky with the weather as the rain ddin't come until 10:30am.  I will be backa fter them tomorrow.  This time I will be hunting,and not playing guide like I did today.

unclerick

Wes and Kaitlyn went for a little this afternoon and spotted some birds kind of late, I think their going back in the morning if the weather permits,,,I'd like to see that girl get a nice bird...

Good luck to everybody...
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mfd1027

Hope you guys got one!!!

I came sooooo close this afternoon.   I had a gobbler with 4 hens and I managed to call the 4 hens to me but the dang gobbler decided he didn't want to play.   He wound up walking away.   This all took place after 7 pm which is good because I know exactly where two of those hens roosted and think there's some separation between that gobbler and those other two hens.   Maybe I'll get lucky in the morning.   
Dan

harvester

Good Luck Dan and everyone else. We are staying in until this rain passes and then we'll see what happens.

ElkTurkMan

Good luck Dan, and good luck to Dustin and Wes with the youngsters.  :anim_25: 

I slept in the AM because of the heavy rain.  it si now 8AM, and the rain looks like it is outta here, I am going to run down to the lease and see if I can't get one.  I report back this afternoon.