Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Grand Slam Completed

Started by wvboy, March 22, 2013, 10:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvboy

It has been 9 years since I killed a Rio .. waited another 6 years to kill a Merriam and another 3 to kill an Osceola .. but I just did it as time and money would allow..

Great trip with some great friends.. We went 5 for 5 on Public Land ..   It was not an easy hunt for sure, but we all hunted hard and got it done.  Very little roost gobbling all four days I hunted, as a matter of fact I never did hear one gobble in the roost, but some of the other guys did a little, seems like from 8:30 to 12:00 was the best time to get responses.  All but one of the 5 birds we killed had at least one hen with them.

Me and my Cousin Jonnie walked probably a mile and a half to find this bird mid morning after our initial setup didn't work out.. His hen came in with him behind her strutting.

16lbs
3/4 spurs
9 inch beard

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Huntress

dvdegeorge

gdublongwilly

Awesome!  Congrats again!  Thats cool that everyone had some success. 

bcknuts

Wvboy congrats very nice and to do it on public land.I know how hard that is because I live here. That gives me faith to maybe try hunting public land again. Tried Three Lakes /Greenswamp Ocala national.Been a long time though. Again great job. :z-guntootsmiley:
Kevin

appalachianstruttstopper

Congrates on your grand slam. That is a dream of mine one day.