Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Couple Buices

Started by savduck, March 18, 2013, 06:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I had Billy build me three of these and then one of my two trumpet mentors had one special made for me as a gift. I got all four Friday night and man did Billy send me some beauties. There is going to be a bunch of turkey death with these instruments over the years.

From left to right.
1. Vasticola burl.....wood I sent Billy. He made 3 calls from this set. It is the first time he has ever turned trumpets out of this wood. He made 5 other trumpets at the same time and numbered them 1 through 8 as a limited edition run of calls.
2. Old growth Brazilian rosewood. This was from Billys select personal stock.....as you can see very few have been made out of this rosewood. There is a little knick battle scar on it already. It fell over and hit the ground. Oh well. It is gonna be my everyday hunting call and get a little use. notice it has a slightly different shaped body than the others.
3. Scrap pile caller. has rosewood cap, vasticola center, and amboyna burl bell. Also numbered during the limited edition 8 call release
4. Curly Koa. My buddy Nitro off of here had Billy make a 6 call set, unbeknownest to several of his friends. he gifted these to all of us this Friday at turkey camp in SC.

All of these calls are outstanding in sound quality. All of Billys sound great but you can sometimes find one with something special. All of these have that special something.

Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

Those are outstanding Del!  :drool:

Basser69

Sweet yelpers Del! Congrats!!

jbrown

Awesome trumpets Del, I got 3 trumpets from Mr Billy last week myself, 1 coco and 2 osage.

SCGobbler

Billy makes a nice call.  Some of the nicest sweetest sounding trumpets I have ever used.

"The S.C. Gobbler"
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge