OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What r these SP 10's worth?

Started by Mike Honcho, March 17, 2013, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

1. As new , old Woodlands camo, 23"

2. Same model...maybe 80% gun

Thanks in advance for advice.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 17, 2013, 01:06:14 PM
1. As new , old Woodlands camo, 23"

2. Same model...maybe 80% gun

Thanks in advance for advice.
Old Woodlands camo or Original Mossy Oak Bottomland camo??

gobbler74

Almost certain to be vintage bottom land. 80% @$700-$850
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Mike Honcho

I'm not familiar with this older camo...pretty brown and it looks a lot like tree bark to me.

gobbler74

Put up a pic if you can we'll identify it.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Mike Honcho

Don't have access to photos right now of the guns...the description given to me by the orginal owner , he calls it Woodlands camo but I can't verify its correct.

I'll try and get photos this week.

Thanks guys.

highwaygun

The thing you need to look at is what a brand new one cost, how old it is, what it's condition is , what it was used for. Now sure what they bring brand new but if it from the 80's it should about half that even if its mint. Remember a truck loses 25% as soon as you drive it off the lot and guns are about the same in most people eyes. Also I would it think it has alot with what it was used for. Like me in general I lived in duck country and a used sp-10 more than likely around here has seen a lot of mud, crude, and shells blasting ducks. In my eyes that would not be valued the same as one that was purely a turkey gun. considering I have owned my 10ga for 6 years a it is pure for turkey and it has had at the most 50 rounds through it. Get all they history you can and go from there is your best bet on placing a value on the gun.

M R Ducks

Condition is everything, and as these are no longer made the closer to new the better.  They seem to have spiked a little in price since being discontinued.

Consider this before dropping several hundred dollars, parts are REALLY getting hard to find, even from Remington.  Used guns will probably have either missing or broken recoil buffers in the bolt and slide extension assembly.  I bought my gun used several years ago as a dedicated turkey gun, and just noticed the buffer missing in the slide extension. Noticed because i now need a new one from it being bent due to the high recoil of turkey loads. The buffers are still readily available, so if you get the gun stock up.  I might have 100 turkey and another 100 goose loads through my gun, those little buffers seems very important.

Ducks