OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Just when you thought the end was in sight........

Started by chatterbox, March 17, 2013, 05:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

8-12 inches of the white crap is being forecasted for NH!
I am really sick of winter. I know March snow doesn't last, but it's wet and heavy, and just a general pain in the AZZ!!!!!!!!

longspur

It does make things sloppy. We didn't get any this year in NE Ga. Not yet anyway. They got a little just a few miles north.

West Augusta

Rain, snow and sleet today here.  This winter hasn't been severe but it has been cold and it is going on for a long time.  The plus side is that it will keep the gobblers down until the season starts.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

spurman

It was 80 here yesterday sunny but a little windy, today 46 and rain. My season starts this Sat. hope I can draw a area. Turkeys are still in flocks and there are a few birds gobbling at first light. It should get real interesting in the next couple of weeks.  :turkey2:
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

doublegobble

We got a little snow this morning, but the gobblers have been strutting all over. The time is near!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

chatterbox

Coming down pretty good right now.......
I agree with the cold temps and snow. This will make for a better spring turkey. Last couple years have been very warm with an early spring, and most of the hens were bred very early. Made for a tough season. It was pretty much over before it started.

longbeard95

Just got some snow up here in WI also. Pretty windy though so its all drifting. Exactly 3 weeks till my season opens here. Looking like the temp is going to start rising a little after tomorrow so hopefully we start loosing some of this snow!

slawman

this time last year we had 85 degree weather , by the time april 15 rolled around all the trees were full and the forest floor was thick and tall....made for a horrible season...now we cant get out of the 40s. hoping this will lead up to a much better season on april 15th.

chatterbox

Weather is finally improving....... Long term forcast is for climbing temps. There is a big storm coming, but it is forecast to hit the mid atlantic.
Hopefully, the worst is behind us, and we can get out and start some serious scouting!