OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for a new Glass slate call

Started by chrisg2709, March 16, 2013, 07:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisg2709

I have been looking at the Woodhaven Custom Cherry Crystal and Down n Dirty glass versions. Is there much difference other than the price. I dont want to pay over 80 for a new one and was wondering if the pricier calls are going to sound "that" much better? Also recommendations of other calls such as these would be helpful.

870BkWht

You should do yourself a favor and check out David Hallorans Crystal Mistress or the Twisted Sister.  Cheaper and everybit as good as the other two you mentioned.  If your dead set on the Cherry Crystal Classic, then www.wingsupply.com had them listed for 69.99
Be careful, from this point forward, you might spend more than the 80 dollars.

Here is the link to Davids Website.
http://www.davidhalloranturkeycalls.com/default.aspx

Here is the link to Midwest Turkey Call Supply-You need to know about this place anyways.
http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/

TauntoHawk

David's crystal mistress and twisted sister are as good as it gets. Hooks and houndstooth both offer an excellent bronzed glass as well for less $$ but David's are top notch vest worthy callers for sure.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

REBELYELL

David Halloran crystal mistress or twisted sister.

scoot12

Totally agree,  the mistress and twisted sister are two of the liveliest sounding pot calls I own.  Scoot

West Augusta

For glass calls I would go with In no particular order as they all make great glass pot calls.
Glen Marrer
Lonzo Tice
CD Corder
Al and Josh Shoemaker
Stumpy
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

captin_hook

Lonnie Sneed green glass. If its anything like his hot hen slate, u can't beat it for 30$.

Tomspur

Don't have the crystal mistress but the twisted sister is an awesome  pot.  You won't be disappointed.

gwa

Glen Marrer (Finger Lakes Custom Calls) glass ($50.00) is packed in my vest already. Along with my West Augusta strikers.
Al and Joshes (S&S Calls) bronzed glass ($45.00) is a dandy too.

Both have websites to check out their calls and both have awards in call building.

s-s

i know this is off topic but captin-hook said green glass can you buy green glass I'm always looking for something different
thanks for any help

West Augusta

Contact Lonnie Snead.  He makes fine pot calls for $30 each. The Green Glass is one of them.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

letinmfly

Have the SS boys make you a bronzed glass in a Cedar pot.  Flat out rocks!!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

longhorn

s-s

how do i contact lonnie snead. for green glass

Andy S.

Quote from: s-s on March 17, 2013, 11:38:17 PM
how do i contact lonnie snead. for green glass
304-425-3021. One of the finest gentleman you'll ever talk to. He will talk turkey and deer hunting with you like he's known you his entire life.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.