turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Theifs

Started by TRKYHTR, March 15, 2013, 01:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

I got an email the other day from Mr Albert Paul. He had sent me my Limited Edition box #23. I have all of his LE's. Yesterday I realized I hadn't gotten it yet so I went to my email and clicked on the tracking link. It had been delivered on Monday. Which I did not get. I went to my neighbors and asked them. One said he didn't get any of my mail but that he was waiting for a package as well, that had not arrived. I went to the post office and my mail carrier said she had put a couple of packages in my box on Monday. Today I talked with my other neighbor and she said she didn't get any mail on Monday and she should have gotten alot of mail, since they had been gone for a few days. Someone has stolen my mail and it just happen to be the day my Paul limited edition showed up. I am sick about it. I want to put one of my trailcames facing the mailbox and hope they come back. Anybody know what I can do next?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

mudhen

Joe, that flat out sucks!

Unless it was insured, I don't know what you can do about it.

Check with your PO, sometimes the stuff turns up.

Good luck!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Deputy 14

Check your local pawn shops. Usually people steal to support a drug habit and have no use for a turkey call. I doubt very seriously that anyone would take it for drug debt so they will sell it somewhere for cash.

captin_hook

That stinks. I hope you catch the guy. I hope you get the call back.

stone road turkey calls

file a police report and take them a photo of something similar, if they find it probably wont be in org package. sorry for your loss
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

cahaba

That should be a federal offense. I hope you get your call. Like was said; maybe it's still at postal.

marshboy

I'm sorry to hear that, Joe.
Greg

redarrow

I absolutely despise a thief. My first thoughts aren't suitable for print. Hopefully it was insured. Hope they catch whoever it was cause it's a federal offense.Trail cam might be a good idea.

Hognutz

I am so sorry to hear about this, Joe. How low can a person/scum bag get? I would be crazy about it, as I know that you are.
I wish you good luck in finding the creep, and hope that you can secure a new one, or get the original back.

The world is going to Hell in a hand basket!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

tomstopper

Quote from: redarrow on March 15, 2013, 09:37:32 AM
I absolutely despise a thief. My first thoughts aren't suitable for print. Hopefully it was insured. Hope they catch whoever it was cause it's a federal offense.Trail cam might be a good idea.
My thoughts exactly. I cant stand a thief.

mnturkey

Hope you contacted he USPS they have inspectors and dectives who work on that.
Also check e-bay and other sites like that as most theives will try to sell the stuff and on line is easy.
maybe on the local Craigslist.
Sorry about that.
SEMPER FI

Turkey Trot

As stated above, you need to go to the Postal Service with it.  Go to the USPS website and research it, then file what needs to be field.  You need to provide the info to your neighbors to get them to do it as well.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

irishff727

I had the same issue before. Packages for my wife's business and stuff that I had ordered was never arriving. Talked with my mail guy who I hunt with and my ups guy who is actually a buddies of mine dad. My mail guy / hunting buddy now holds all of my packages and I pick them up from him. Know it's not legal but I don't want my stuff getting stolen and my ups guy calls me when he drops stuff off at my house since then no issues.

longspur

Sorry to hear your loss. I hate them as well. When I go to the PO to mail a package they always ask me if I want it insured for more than $100. Leads me to think any package is insured to 100. That may be for damage or loss in transit, I'm not sure. Stealing mail is a serious crime, at least it used to be. These days they may get an award or something.

slamman

Terrible news Joe.  Paul's calls are my favorite, I would keep an eye on Craig's list for awhile.