OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone else on here like me?

Started by birdyhunter, March 14, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

Completely tore up with all things hunting!? I bow hunt deer and hogs, duck hunt, goose hunt, I have a German shorthaired pointer I quail hunt that doubles as my waterfowl dog, I squirell hunt and coon hunt with my buddies and their cur dogs and of course my true love, turkey hunting. Anyone else a jack of all trades in the hunting world? Seems all my friends and family are in to just one or the other but I can't seem to give up any of them:))

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

appalachianstruttstopper

I used to be. I grew up grouse and quail hunting, now there are no more grouse or quail within 2hr drive so I sold my bird dog. We don't have any ducks or geese here, but if we did I would be on board. Hunt deer, rabbits, squirell, and most of all, turkeys. I usually make sure I don't have anything to do in the spring but turkey hunt, but this year I landed a new job that starts in 2 weeks and I hafta train on day shift for most of my entire season.  :(

Spring_Woods

Not so much really. I was really into bowhunting deer for a while but not as crazy about it now. I still do it just not fanatical I guess.

I'm really liking turkey hunting here lately!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

budtripp

YES! Bowhunting deer, spring turkey, coyote calling, upland game (back when we had upland game), looking to break into the waterfowl game too, just a bit expensive. I can't get enough of any of it

mudhen

I used to be, now I only get out 60-75 days a year, down from 120+  :)

But I've noticed that the quality of my hunts has steadily improved, and my averages are still good, so I'm fine with a little less time in the field....

And, work is just so much more important these days, I've got zero problem paying close attention to my employment situation for now...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

runngun

Turkey Hunt
Deer Hunt
Squirell Hunt
Rabbit Hunt
Coon Hunt
Dove Hunt
Duck Hunt
White Perch and Bream Fish
Speckled trout and redfish

And I Love It ALL
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

captin_hook

My hunting is limited since my kids are still too small to take with me. Before children, a few years ago, I did as much hunting and trapping as I could. Groundhogs, deer, turkey, rabbit, coon, trap shooting, sporting clays. I still shoot trap on Sundays but I'm pretty much just a turkey freak now a days. Can't wait until my kids are a little older. They're 4 and 1 .

cahaba

I used to be crazy about deer hunting especially traditional bow hunting. Now I do it to pass the time till turkey season. Next year my wife and I are going to turkey hunt as many different states as we can get in.
I had an old friend who I had lost touch with call me and he is big into hunting hogs and yotes. He said he would show me how to hunt them after turkey season. So I think I'm going to pick my longbow back up and do that to pass more time.

Steve

Let's see...Waterfowling, Turkey Hunting, Predator Hunting, Trapping, Backpacking, Peakbagging (ADK 46), Sea Kayaking, Callmaking, Muzzleloaders, Fishing, Flyfishing, Canoeing, and now dog training...gotta get the new pup ready for duck season next. I'm sure there's other stuff, just not enough hours in a day.

Steve

strut2

I grew up hunting and fishing anything and everything. With having a family now I definitely don't hunt and fish as much as I used to. I travel a lot for work so hunting comes second now. However my wife knows when spring gobbler comes around I spend every second of legal hunting time in the woods. And every morning before season out scouting. Truly a turkey nut. My 4 month old daughter might yelp and purr before she talks. Still go out a lot with the bow but I love my turkey hunting. Best of luck this season to all!

Tail Feathers

I'm down to just turkey and deer hunting.  I'll hunt dove if I find a good spot come September.  Duck hunting used to be a blast but now it's just hard work for very little return.  I went once this past season.  Guess I'm getting old. ;)
I try to get some fishing in but my schedule doesn't allow me much time for that in the past few years.  That may be changing some now that the kiddo's activities are changing.

I still have the passion, I've just narrowed it down to a couple of species now. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

El Pavo Grande

My issue these days is time.  Just doesn't seem to be enough of it to hunt as much as I would like.  I love to bow hunt deer, but my deer hunting over the last 4 or 5 years has been spotty at best.  Squirrel hunt, duck hunt, frog gig, bream fish I love to do, but don't get to as much as I would like.  My job is busy and even though I am flexible somewhat with my time at work, the responsibilities involved limit my time.  I have two boys, 8 and 5, that are coming of age for participation in these activities, so hopefully I can keep them involved in it.  They both play sports, which limits time for hunting and fishing.  I basically have unlimited vacation at work, as long as not abused, which is a nice perk of the job. I respect my job and my employers, so I tend to not take advantage of that fact as often as I could. However, I work hard all year and choose to take off time to turkey hunt.  So, I usually take off 2 1/2 to 3 weeks for turkey hunting, and hunt most mornings when here at home.  I am most excited this year about taking my 8 year old on a couple out of state hunts.

mnturkey

I spend as much time as I can hunting, from the early goose season in September to late grouse season in January, every weekend from Sep to Jan is spent hunting.
Goose, Grouse, ducks, phesants, deer and Trukeys.
After the grouse season ends in January I am out with the dog until April flushin phesants and grouse just to get him some work.
Turkey hunt in two states.
A few more years and I will be retired and able to go every day, I cannot wait.
SEMPER FI

jim67

Growing up in Illinois it was pheasant,rabbit and squirrel, Texas for several years was dove,squirrel, a little quail, now in NC its deer,turkey and squirrel. as much as I can.If im not doing it Im thinking it.

slamman

ALL TURKEY
Grouse
Mearn's Quail with my GSP

Elk
Bear
Coues Deer
Abert and Kaibab Squirrel