OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

turkey thug club

Started by jakesdad, March 14, 2013, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Stopped in the local wally world and got 2 boxes of the 12ga 3" #6 federal turkey thugs that seems everyone has been doing so well with.gonna give em a try in the 870 and the stardot choke as soon as it warms up a bit.If they do well,im headed back for more.even tho I usually shoot the 870 20,at 9.97/box it wont break the bank to stock up on a few.they also had the 20 gauge loads in #5's,anybody tried heard how these pattern?

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Okiehntr12

I joined the club today as well and will probably go back for more next week. I don't think I can justify paying hevi's high prices if these loads shoot well.

jakesdad

I've got a case of the old green box Remington hevi-shot for my 20,but have never shot HTL from the 12.Hoping the Turkey Thugs perform for me as well as they have for others.If I can consistently get 110-120 in a 10"-12" circle and a nice even pattern in the 20" at 40 i'll be more than satisfied,especially at the price they are.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

bbcoach

I went by my local Walmart Saturday and picked up two boxes of the 3 1/2 6's.  I plan on hunting with the Federals in the woods and the Hevi's when I hunt fields.

Onpoint

In shootin the 3" 5's. I haven't tried the 6's yet but I'm gettin around 110 with the 5's

Cutt

I have a feeling Hevi-13 prices might end up dropping with many switching to Thugs?

Philippe

Quote from: Cutt on March 18, 2013, 09:28:28 PM
I have a feeling Hevi-13 prices might end up dropping with many switching to Thugs?

I see no real reason to be shooting hevi's with these thugs patterning like they are for so many people. Knowing our luck they will vanish after this season....

CASH

I don't count holes, but I got a fantastic 40 yard pattern out of the 3 1/2 #6's in my Stoeger 3500 with 28" bbl and factory choke. Got it set up for a buddy to use.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

SgtUSMC

I bought a bunch of these shells.  Haven't got to shoot them yet, but if I'm getting the same results as everyone else then I'm not shootng any of my Hevi stuff

Hhayes6

Got 117 and 121 with Thug 3-17/8-5 and undertaker. Only got 131 with Fed HWT 7's with Trulock choke made for the HWT 7. Lead all the way  :fud:

Jbird22

After reading all the good pub on these and remembering how much I loved the old Federal Premium copper plated loads I decided to pick up the last 3 boxes of 3" 1-7/8 oz #6 from my local Walmart today. I'll try to pattern em soon.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I noticed that the Wal-Mart in Forest, MS was sold out of ALL 12 Gauge Turkey Thugs today. 

Only 20 Guage #5's were in stock.  Lots of Boxes of 20 Guage #5's.

Just giving a status report.

Hooksnhorns

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 19, 2013, 09:04:42 PM
I noticed that the Wal-Mart in Forest, MS was sold out of ALL 12 Gauge Turkey Thugs today. 

Only 20 Guage #5's were in stock.  Lots of Boxes of 20 Guage #5's.

Just giving a status report.

Are you from the Forest area? I live about 20 minutes south of wal-mart.
Don't Tread On Me

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteAre you from the Forest area? I live about 20 minutes south of wal-mart.

I'm about 15-20 minutes West of there.

cajunhunter

Every Wal-Mart I go to is sold out of almost all Ammo.  Checked 4-5 Wal-marts now and nothing.