turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which camo

Started by irishff727, March 14, 2013, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishff727

I am sure this has been discussed before and probably in great extent. But I was having a convo with a hunting buddy the other day. He only wears max 4 for everything doesn't matter if turkey or deer or hog and whatever. I do applaud his dedication to one pattern but this year when deciding what to buy I looked at a ton of patterns and came up with what I thought was a good combo. Bottom land pants feels it goes well with hiding my legs with the trees I have mothwing spring mimicry vest which i feel is good cause I the leafy texture and has good colors I went with a obsession shirt and obsession buff and finally a bottom land hat. So just curious of you guys have combos u use. Maybe several different types for the area your hunting or for different set up. I had a buddy who bought a basic gillie suit and when he sits up against a tree he seems to stick out like a sore thumb. Looks like a big green blob in front of a tree.

Gooserbat

I prety much use natgear for everything.  When it's green I use the SCII patern.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

redarrow

I wear whatever I grab. Don't care much what it looks like. Mix and match.

lightsoutcalls

I picked up a bunch of the old Mossy Oak shadow branch pants at $5 a pair a few years back.  Some have been patched and stitched, as I wear them whenever I hunt.  I mix and match whatever shirts I have with these.  I like to match, but buy whatever I find on sale.  I'm a firm believer that being still is more important than camo pattern. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Burney Mac

I'm mossy oak bottomland all the way except for my vest, it's obsession ( they don't make the Tat'r 2 in bottomland ). My favorite pattern was mossy oak's shadow leaf, but they don't make it anymore. I don't know if it will pan out to be true or not but a birdie told me they may be making another run of the greenleaf. I wish they could bring back all the old stuff. However you can blend in perfectly but start moving your rear end and you're gonna get busted.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Casey Johnson

I mix and match Obsession and Bottomland. Again, I don't really think one brand or type camo works better than others. Staying still is the main thing, in my opinion.
NWTF - Tennessee

FttFttVroom!

I have about every type of camo and rarely match tops and bottoms.

Old Gobbler

Max-4 is a waterfowl camo , but its great for hunting near fields-- I like it plus the MO Duck Blind

honestly just about  any camo will do as long as it has staggered earthtones etc... - sit still , throw a little foliage in front of you like a branch or brush limb and rest your gun on you knee and your in business
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

jblackburn

Natgear SCII, Realtree APG, and break up.  I do like the look of bottom land, though.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

MiamiE

I like Mossy Oak New Break Up for the swamps I hunt down here.

zkid09

im wearing alot of whatever i have right now. some hand me downs, good deals and whatever else that me and my father have. some breakup, advantage, obsession, etc.

i really like the advantage for fall hunting.
i like the obsession for alot of green. the apg and xtra look decent too, but not as green.
i really like the bottom land as well.

im a believer in not moving vs camo though

beagler

I prefer hunting naked.
:fud: ;D
Never Misses

Gooserbat

Thats what I call bare hunt'n!!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dcar_roll

I use ASAT year round for all my hunting. Been sold on it for 15yrs or more.
Hunting- Not just a job,but an adventure !

Shoregobbler

Predator Green Deception and Spring Green. Also Mothwing Spring Mimicry Hat and Face Mask.