turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cats

Started by 870FaceLift, March 14, 2013, 09:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

I hate a cat but if you are seeing them in the woods I seriously doubt they live there. Coyotes would make short order of em real quick ;)

mnturkey

I have never seen a cat while out Turkey Hunting or any other hunting.  I most likely would kill the cat if possible as they are very destructive of wildlife.  Cats are killing machines, that is what they do, kill anything they can.
SEMPER FI

catdaddy

I don't shoot pets--dogs or cats. I won't hunt with anybody that does. 

GobbleNut

I have observed cats around turkeys on a couple of occasions.  The cats seemed interested in the turkeys and would do a sneak towards them, but once they got close, it was obvious that they were considering whether they wanted to give it a go or not. 

In each case, the turkeys acted only mildly concerned about the cats, and would even approach them with an "if you want some of this, come on and get it" attitude. Eventually the cats backed off.  Of course, these were mature birds that were substantially larger than the cats that were eye-balling them as a possible main course for dinner. 

I'm not a cat shooter either, but if I saw one taking down a wild turkey while I was out hunting, he would be in big trouble. 

870FaceLift

Quote from: catdaddy on March 14, 2013, 01:37:30 PM

I can't speak for others, but I'm not talking about people's pets.  These cats that I'm talking about have about as much in common with a household cat as a coyote does with a household dog.
Pass it on...

budtripp

Quote from: catdaddy on March 14, 2013, 01:37:30 PM

Same here, unless its an aggressive feral dog. Even then I'd feel pretty s****y about it.