only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many of you prefer to "go solo"?

Started by redleg06, March 13, 2013, 06:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Publicland

I'm a loner myself! I go With people but for the most part alone

Garrett Trentham

If I'm really trying to kill a bird, I'd rather hunt alone. That being said, I really like calling birds in for other people.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Balla1982

I love taking people and especially when it's their first time, but I prefer to fly solo so I can take my time and learn as much as possible. It's hard to do that when you have another factor in the equation which may cause an error.

I will be taking my son this year and it will be his first yeast to shoot so I may never step in the woods again without him on the weekends.

Tail Feathers

I like solo, being on my own timeline. But my partner hunting consists of each of taking a big block of woods so it's not much different.  It is nice having someone there to celebrate a gobbler in the back of the truck tho.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

doublebarrel

I prefer to be by myself but miss celebrating with someone when there is success.

Shotgun

Some days I prefer to be alone some I prefer company so I'd say I'm 50/50.

paboxcall

I went through a stage where my mentor and I were together all the time, he was there when I dropped my first bird.  Then I went alone, then hunted a few years with good friends, then my nephew, and now it's almost strictly solo, especially now I'm hunting with a mountain bike.

But I have to agree with the following statement -- I will most cherish those memories I have of spring mornings spent with good friends....

Quote from: Gobblehead30 on March 13, 2013, 08:20:55 PMMy best hunts by far have been shared with good friends.

:agreed:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

TauntoHawk

I honestly can't remember the last time I turkey hunted alone.. I really hunting with others and sharing the experience
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

redleg06

Quote from: devin4484 on March 13, 2013, 06:31:09 PM
Its just you, mothernature and trying to outwit an ol tom.

I think this is another reason I really like going alone.

It's just me and a particular bird I'm after....  :TrainWreck1:

Spring_Woods

During the week I hunt alone before work. On the weekends I enjoy hunting with my friends.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

WildTigerTrout

I hunt alone with a few exceptions, calling a bird in for my son or a friend are two of those exceptions. The other is showing someone new to the sport how to hunt them.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Mike Honcho

I hunt alone 90% of the time...10% with my two grandsons that live 4 hours away.

I too enjoy the time alone....usually have scouted a tom before I go and it's just a game of chess from there on.

Devastator

calebb

I don't hunt alone much. Lucky enough to have a dad with a flexible spring work schedule and usually if I'm going he's going.  Which is just how I want it, we are much more dangerous as a pair for sure. I like to deer hunt alone but when it comes to turkey I'd rather have somebody else tag along and enjoy the fun

QuickDraw

I hunt solo about half the time. I have one awesome spot that I'm not allowed to take anyone. So I'm not ruining it for me. Have friends I enjoy hunting with also.