OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many of you prefer to "go solo"?

Started by redleg06, March 13, 2013, 06:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg06

I was thinking about this the other day, as I was sitting in the woods scouting, and I was wondering how many of you prefer to hunt with someone else as opposed to going by yourself.

Personally, I love going to the turkey woods by myself.  There's just something about it that is peaceful and it's just "my time" I guess. I dont mind having someone with me but most of the time, I think I just enjoy the solitude of it. I also think it's easier to kill one when I'm by myself so that probably has something to do with it.  I have one other buddy that I always enjoy going with and any time my son, wife or father wants to come with me, they are more than welcome but, for the most part, I like to go it alone.

Now if we're talking about waterfowl hunting or just about any other kind of wingshooting, I'm all about having my buddies tag along. 

What about you guys?

devin4484

Its fun going with someone but when it comes down to it I enjoy being by myself.  If I want to move I dont have to ask I just move.  If I mess up I only have myself to blame.  I can over call under call with no judgement or pressure.  To me its harder to kill a bird by myself so its move of a challenge.  Its just you, mothernature and trying to outwit an ol tom.

Gut Pile

I like a balance of some group outings and some solitude hunting. I find it incredibly peaceful when I do get out by myself, same with fly fishing or early season bow. There is just something about the peace and the beauty of God's creation that can be more keenly appreciated in the solitude. IMO

about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

guesswho

I really like to mess with people, so hunting with friends is a blast for me.  But if I have a certain bird that really needs killing I go at it solo.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

wvcurlytop

I enjoy the solitude of being alone.  Just me and mother nature.  I go a couple times a year with a couple buddies, but that is about it. 
Being alone I just hunt differently.  I don't have to worry if they're feet are asleep, or if they're bored or maybe their butt hurts, etc..  I end up being a little more impatient when I have someone along with me, and everyone knows that a patient hunter is a successful hunter for the most part.. 

o2stk1

strut2

I have some good buddies and we travel to different states hunting gobblers before our season in PA starts. We all usually hunt at some point together during the season here in PA. I still hunt with my father every saturday. It's a great time and I wouldn't want it to be any other way. Usually I get to go by myself a few times a season and I enjoy the peace and quiet but it's great to share memories with your best friends.

Fullfan

Love going solo, but also having Jr. behind the trigger. Last spring we moved 13 times on a bird and he killed him with me looking over his shoulder. We have had some great times that we share often. When I am alone I always find myself wishing he was there with me.

Don't gobble at me...

Muzzy61

I perfer to hunt (deer & turkey) and bass fish alone. I enjoy the freedom of making decisions on my own. It's me against the animals. I have a great hunting partner and enjoy hunting with him, however i perfer to hunt alone.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

renegade19

Except in the fall have mostly hunted with my buddy.  This year I'm looking forward to the challenge of  hunting alone.

tomstopper

Unless I am taking a youth with me, it's solo for me.

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

WNM

I'd rather be by myself. I mess up enough hunts on my own, and with another person, we mess up even more

Gobblehead30

It totally depends on who I am hunting with..  I have had some hunts with people that I was so irritated with their every move.   My best hunts by far have been shared with good friends.