News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Dakota

Started by Wallystruble, March 11, 2013, 10:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallystruble

hi everyone
    I'm new to this. I am planning a hunt to South Dakota about the first of may any       
information will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Wally

Ded Goblr

Welcome to Old Gobbler Wally!! I don't hunt SD but there are a lot of boys here that do. Say what area your going to hunt and hopefully someone will chime in. Hope you have a great hunt!! DG
:welcomeOG:

Wallystruble

Thanks
Hunting west of hill city Deerfield reservoir area castle peak

tomstopper

:wagon: :welcomeOG: I hunt NY but there are others here that hunt in SD that will gladly help you at. Nothing but good people here.........

dodger

Take a good pair of binos... And best be in shape... Those turkeys are dumb too...

theghost_03

Not sure where exactly that res is but I am heading just north of hill city for opener?!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

Wallystruble

I'm going to be about 20 miles north of hill city

theghost_03

Anyone else with advice is certainly appreciated?!

North of 8

Well, depending where you plan to go, you need to be gettin your licence/tags now. I hunt near Gregory SD and lotsa outfitters an lotsa birds. Just go to an area that has lotsa turkeys and stop at da local feed mills and start talkin. Where are the bids.....check where available tags are and start talkin and callin. I hunt near 17000 private acres/ranch and see lotsa birds along Missouri River, south of I90.
Da hill country is good also, just need to start makin phone calls and keep talkin.

theghost_03

I have two trips actually. First is where any help would be great. I'm hunting the black hills and staying north of hill city. Been studying a lot on google earth with this being my second trip out there. I am also hunting the badlands area near Kadoka a couple weeks later. Know that area much better. Funny you say the Gregory area, I just watched an episode last night on the outdoor channel with some guys bowhuntingnbirds.

North of 8

Gregory area has a tremendous mixed bag of prairie, canyons and ranches. Best of all, lotsa birds.