OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat Black Magic Giveaway and the winner is...

Started by Gooserbat, March 11, 2013, 03:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2much2loud

This past spring while turkey hunting I had a big sow and four cubs come through... I seen them at fifty yds thought if I did something the sow would get a little mad and could get bad ... So a few min later mother comes be hind the blind where there windows are closed she
Brushes up against me and starts smelling the blind where I got in ... Walks around the blind and sticks her head in ...our faces were mere inches apart ... I yelled get out of here and she runs off 30 yds and stands there popping her jaws before walking off.... I kept fairly calm until I was walking to my truck and it really sank in what just happened... A bear inches from my face

Clif Owen

pitch black

a hawk coming at me sitting in a tree stand, had to raise my bow to shew him away

heath42

Last winter I was riding through my buddy's camp at night when I saw a little field mouse run right in front of my headlights, and just as I realized what it was an owl comes blasting through my driver's side window!  Shattered the window completely and was flapping around like a chicken with its head cut off inside the truck.  Had open the door and jump out to let him get out. Still finding glass shards in my truck

kansas hooks

It was Nov.1, the day after Halloween, I was walking to my tree stand that morning and had to walk by a cemetery.  That was creepy enough but as I got by it I started to hear movement to my right on the other side of the tree line.  Everytime i walked it would walk, everytime I stopped it stopped.  Each time I shined my light that way I couldn't see anything.  It was that way for most of the way to my stand.  Finally at some point I said the heck with this and ran to my stand not caring if I made noise or not.  Figured I was safer up a tree than having to go back up to and through the cemetery.  To this day I don't know what it was but it had me shaking and my head was on a swivel.

renegade19

Quote from: 2much2loud on March 11, 2013, 06:55:08 PM
This past spring while turkey hunting I had a big sow and four cubs come through... I seen them at fifty yds thought if I did something the sow would get a little mad and could get bad ... So a few min later mother comes be hind the blind where there windows are closed she
Brushes up against me and starts smelling the blind where I got in ... Walks around the blind and sticks her head in ...our faces were mere inches apart ... I yelled get out of here and she runs off 30 yds and stands there popping her jaws before walking off.... I kept fairly calm until I was walking to my truck and it really sank in what just happened... A bear inches from my face
Had a real similar encounter years ago with a bear that was raiding our camp.  Basically, I hear a noise one morning, ease up to look out the tent window and there was the biggest, blackest bear I had seen.  Hackles come up, bear growls real low, huffs and thanfully heads off into the woods.

BowBendr

20 yrs. ago...a true story.....

Came upon a old man in the mountains of western NC one time that appeared from the back of an old over-grown cemetery we were hunting near. He was wearing old yellow rain bibs and an old white thermal underwear top. He had a dog with him. It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

He was carrying a shovel and an old railroad pry bar.
He was covered from head-to-toe in blood....so was the dog....and the shovel....and the bar...........

vaturkey

Was sit up on a gobbler once & a small sparrow lit on the end of my gun barrel.

Was trout fishing one time & stepped down over a steep bank & a couple was doing the nasty along the creek bank.
Vaturkey

renegade19

Quote from: BowBendr on March 11, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

Came upon a old man in the mountains of western NC one time that appeared from the back of an old over-grown cemetery we were hunting near. He was wearing old yellow rain bibs and an old white thermal underwear top. He had a dog with him. It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

He was covered from head-to-toe in blood....so was the dog....and the shovel....and the bar...........
:z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

archery1

i was out listening for birds in morning.. i located 2 and decided to set up on them the next day. So i got there early and set decoy up in field) . i sat with my back against the woods and it was all thick with jaggers and brush right there. i was getting calls out and listening. all of a sudden i hear this deep inhale and then exhale it sounded 20 yards or so off..  then like a minute later i heard it again  , now it was closer   it was like something was tryin to smell me??? not sure ? so i took gun off safety cause i dont no what the !##@@#@ this is .  i am sitting there and i hear it again.... its a deep inhale then exhale and its within 10 yards. now keep in mind it is right behind me and it is so thick back there i never heard this thing make a noise coming in at all!!!! i turned around............... nothing..shined light ....................nothing.. what the heck.. i never heard it leave!!!! this still keeps me creeped out talking about it.. well i never heard a bird and didnt stay there much past light.. i kept on looking back there when i was leaving.. i dont no what this was and prolly never will but this has to be the scariest thing that ever happened to me  in the Pa. woods .
Take a kid hunting

Cet803

I was walking back to my truck one afternoon after turkey huntin.got almost to the bed of the truck and a stray bulldog run from under it and that sucka was trying to eat me up. Had to jump in the back of my truck so he couldnt bite me.Needless to say scared the heck out of me.very unexpected

fishfrey

Packing up from archery hunting with a portable treestand. It was dark and I was gathering my stuff together and a weasel came to check me out. Hung on the side of the tree I was hunting out of about 2 feet away from me. I don't know if it was my headlamp but his eye's glowed blood red. He followed me for a while but I was finally able to loose him.

Tom Dooley

I had to climb a very steep bluff one night to retrieve my coondog. I climbed up to a overhang to find out I couldnt go any farther. When I looked down I seen a toothe brush thinking a coon may have brought it there from the river. But as I looked around I found a pan, folded and unfolded socks, a blanket and a tarp. There was a recess there in the bluff under the overhang almost perfect size for some to sleep.

Doug-Va

Years back i talked  my dad in going out one spring morning and we walked to the top of the mountain. As we was standing on the appalachian trail waitin for a bird to gobble we heard something below us and all of a sudden a hiker stands up to wipe his butt my dad looked at me and said lets get out of here!!!

Doug

jblackburn

Quote from: BowBendr on March 11, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

Ok, that freaks me out. You win!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.