Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gooserbat Black Magic Giveaway and the winner is...

Started by Gooserbat, March 11, 2013, 03:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

OK time to start another giveaway.  This time it's a Black Magic diaphragm and I need you to tell what's the most creepy or unexplainable thing you've saw while hunting.  Pictures would be nice on this one.

I'll Draw for the call Friday March 15
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gooserbat

I found a moonshine still once while deer hunting.  It had been there for years and come to find out it was my great uncles.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jhcats10

Not really creepy, but it scared the hell out of me.  Had a coyote run up behind me and swiped at my back pack. Guess he figured out I wasn't a meal and took off running.  That followed by me on a jog to the deer stand, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokhal07

Not sure if this qualifies for the topic but creeped me out to see it. Once when i was bowhunting i saw a bobcat chasing a fox squirrel and at one point it was running or i guess ud call it jumping from tree to tree as fast as the squirrel was running on the ground and ended up catching it

MG150

Some years back I was bowhunting for whitetail deer sitting around 18 feet high in a portable treestand waiting for daylight to come when I felt something tap me on the top of my cap!Couldn't see yet so I just sat quietly and didn't move. In about 5 minutes I felt it tap me on the top of the cap again!By this time it was beginning to break daylight so believe me I was looking around to see who or what was doing this(I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts or not?)When I looked behind me I saw a small owl sitting on a limb looking at me.I tried to shoo him off but he just sat there looking at me.I finally stood up and waved my hat at him and he flew off.Would of been funny if he had took my hat off my head.I must have been to close to the nest

DirtNap647

crazy story roosted a gobbler so i sneak in there in the mornin turnin daybreak he gobbles  i hear somethin walkin commin right to me here its a stinkin skunk walked literally 4 feet off my leg never sprayed played there for 10 min. here i was 5 feet off his hole couldnt do a thing didnt know what was more inportant not getting sprayed or getting the gobbler needless to say gobbler lived and i didnt get sprayed guess we all won but he sure ruined my hunt so definetly pretty creepy and one of a kind every time i go huntin on a roosted bird early this story is the first thing i think of dang skunk ruined me for life

Clif Owen

Not really sure why I'm telling this..but last year I hunted a perticular spot several times with a buddy. The last time we were going in..the moon was out but no other light..we walked up on "something" that really gave him a scare and me in the process. We realized that something was in the road in front of us that didn't belong there. The bad thing was..it was about 10 feet tall! Oh, and we were like about 4 steps from hitting it. Well...after several seconds of both thinking "What the (fill in the blank) is that and where did it come from" we flipped on a light to discover that a small pine tree had leaned waay over into the road. All we knew was that nothing was supposed to be in the road!
This has been the cause of a bunch of laughs since then now that we know that we didn't discover Bigfoot.

Mike Honcho

Bowhunting for whitetail deer in Knasas...walking in to stand about 4:30AM pitch dark ....field edge along a deep creek. 
Suddenly hear about 10-15 yards away by the creek the loudest screaming noise I've ever head...must have been a bobcat or cougar. 

I'd rather not experience that again.

firstflight111

WOW last year while turkey hunting i had something follow me in the woods ,At first i heard it it was the most messed up sound i have heard it the woods to date, i have hunted for 37 years .so first i heard it did not pay much attention to it ,so i move and after 10 minutes it was back this time i started to look around to see if it was my buddy playing with me ,nothing , so i make a big move 300 yards after a few minutes its back and louder well this time i take out my phone and start to video for 5 minutes and then i went home now i am a big guy 6'5'' 320 lbs with a gun and it still sent me out of the woods ..i will try to post up the video later
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Gamblinman

Indian burial ground on the side of a canyon in the Davis Mtns. in SW Texas. Really creepy.

Several stills in SE Oklahoma.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

budtripp

Was squirrel hunting on some state ground late one summer and happened upon someone's pot patch. Most potheads aren't violent types, but you never know. Just glad I've never run into any meth labs

renegade19

Quote from: firstflight111 on March 11, 2013, 04:46:10 PM
WOW last year while turkey hunting i had something follow me in the woods ,At first i heard it it was the most messed up sound i have heard it the woods to date, i have hunted for 37 years .so first i heard it did not pay much attention to it ,so i move and after 10 minutes it was back this time i started to look around to see if it was my buddy playing with me ,nothing , so i make a big move 300 yards after a few minutes its back and louder well this time i take out my phone and start to video for 5 minutes and then i went home now i am a big guy 6'5'' 320 lbs with a gun and it still sent me out of the woods ..i will try to post up the video later
Video!  Video!  Video!

firstflight111

i dont know how to post video on here .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Mossberg835

Walked up on a guy on public woods that looked like the guy from deliverance.  I left before I had to squeal like a pig.

RussM311

While bowhunting deer in northern Utah, I stepped off a trail as a flock of sheep moved past me heading down to winter pasture. Slowly the herd began to thin out and the shepherd rode past on his horse. I proceeded to head up the trail and passed a few stragglers trying to catch up with the main herd. Just as the last of the sheep passed me, a mountain lion jumped off of a stone outcropping and sailed over my head.... landing a few yards across the trail and heading up the mountain to my side. I turned around and followed the rest of the sheep out of the area.