OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snake boot help

Started by harvester, March 10, 2013, 09:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

I am wanting to know who makes the most COMFORTABLE snake boot out there.  If it aint comfortable, the chances of me wearing them go down drastically. All suggestions will be looked at.

Thanks
Dustin

zkid09

irish setter or danner

ive worn a pair of irish setters for the past 4 or 5 years and they have been the best boot ive ever worn. i wear them year round and absolutely love them.
mine started leaking water after about a year or so though. have to use something to seal them if they leak, but thats no biggy

Ryan T

goldenhunter

Been hearing great things about the mudlites boots. I've been tempted to buy some but haven't yet. My old Rockies were comfortable, but they will wet your feet.

QuickDraw

I have a pair of Lacrosse. Very comfortable and I've hunted in them since 2005. Just now starting to break down. Going to by another pair from Lacrosse.

QuickDraw

fl panhandler

www.russellmoccasin.com
Expensive, yes. Handmade to your feet. I've had mine 8 yrs, no leaks.  A little maintenence is required.
Rick

Cet803

I bought a pair of muck snake boots.seem to be pretty good so far

Jay Longhauser

I do not have much time in snake boots so keep that in mind, but I tried on a few pairs and they were all very stiff and uncomfortable.  The best I found were the muck snake boots, still not as flexible as non snake boots, but thats what I bought.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: Ryan T on March 10, 2013, 10:31:57 PM
LaCrosse Mudlite...

x2

Have owned Danner Proghorns, Redheads, Rocky's....

Mudlite > all

Gobblehead30

I have the Cabelas pinnacle zip ups.   I have covered a lot of ground in these boots and so far so good.   They are light and comfortable to walk in. 

SouthEastNC

I wore some Rockies for about 6 years... at the end of the 2011 season they finally started caving-in around the ankles and giving me blisters.

At the beginning of last season, I picked-up some Lacrosse Mudlites. If you're hunting where your boots get wet, I'd say them or something similar are the way to go.

Go Heels, Go America

Rio

Another vote for Danner. I have the Pronghorns and they're the best boot I've ever owned. (Redhead and Chippewa were my previous brands)
Best thing about the Danners is they felt like they'd already been broken in straight out of the box.

Casey Johnson

I like Mucks the best. Rocky and Danner towards the top of my list as well.
NWTF - Tennessee

Burney Mac

I've got the rocky pro lite's and they are really light, hardly any break in period, and very comfortable, but they will leak.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."